Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Differences in 04-05 and 06-07 1000RR airbox and tb:s?

3K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  mika_u 
#1 ·
I'm planning on putting SC-57 1000RR tb:s, airbox and ecu to 954RR. I'm wondering does anybody know what are the real differences on them.I allready have 07 1000RR basic racer HRC ecu and i know i will have to use U.S. main harness with it. But i was wondering does anybody know what is the real differences with the tb:s, injectors and airbox. Are they interchangeble if i mix injectors, tb:s etc. from bouth models and is there any real differences in flow/hp characteristics?

#2 ·
1. Why are you doing this?

2. In my experience this kind of project NEVER works in a way that is beneficial and typically causes lots of tuning problems that are very difficult and sometimes impossible to iron out. It is highly unlikely that you can improve upon the criteria the factory engineers have already done the math on for fuel delivery and atomization. They have carefully selected the parts they need to get proper flame propagation in the cylinder etc. Messing with that is rarely a good thing unless you have a built motor or turbo application or doing something like burning alcohol that requires more fuel than your existing set-up can deliver and even then there are much better ways to increase that flow than using mis-matched OEM parts from other bikes...

#5 ·
I do not know the flow rate differences between the 04-05 & 06-07 models specifically (if any), but to the best of my knowledge they both use 44mm versus the 42mm of the 954.

Assuming it is running out of power with the stock TB and ECU, what air/fuel ratio are you targeting and how bad does that A/F lean out when the bike starts to run out of power?

When you switch to the Basic Racer ECU are you going to tune with the ECU only or are you piggy backing another tuner like the PCV on it as well?

#6 · (Edited)
It actually doesn't run out of power. It drows a flat line from 12k to 13.2k rpm. Not the usual peak and then power starts to drop. And i will use just the HRC unit if i can get somebody to tune it. I have the software and access to the hrc cable. I do allso have a pc3 if i can't get any one to tune it on dyno. Don't remember what AFR was but it after tuning it was spot all the way on full throttle. Doesn't go lean...

Yes bouth SC -57 tb:s are 44 vs 954 42mm. I'm just trying to find differences between them because the 04-05 1000RR parts are easier for me to get... The wiring harness i will use from 06-07 1000RR since the ecu is for 07.

#8 ·
Also don't believe there to be any differences in throttle bodies, think they're the same 04-07. And be careful of some folks wanting to sell you parts off of a Basic Racer that aren't HRC. If you're not familiar already with how to tell which parts are OEM and not when looking at an HRC fiche or schematic, make note of the differences in asterisks or not.

#10 ·
Ecu will be only HRC part i will be using and i allready have it. It is a street bike so i will just use U.S. 06-07 1000RR wiring harness to get the HRC ecu working. Other thing i could have used would be HRC airbox from 06-07 1000RR but they are virtually impossible to find so i'll use stock one.

#21 ·
Haven't had the time to work with my bike and still searching for parts... Does anyone have a opinnion about the actually differences on 04-05 and 06-07 airbox outer dimensions? Wich is larger? Where does there size or dimensions differ etc. With the 06-07 airbox the 954 tank has to be spaced little up from the front mounts with collars/washers etc. but it will then fit under the 954 tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.