Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

RCV's 2014 CBR1000RR

34K views 206 replies 35 participants last post by  RCV 
#1 ·
So I just picked up a brand new 2014 1KRR. This is my second 1KRR (owned an 06 before) and I must say off the bat, im impressed with the improvements made over the years.

Anyway, modifications will be made but for now, here are some pictures of her bone stock.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice looking bike, but only one problem with the wheels. They don't appear to be moving in the pic.

#4 ·
Nice!

I like the black, but i like the white better.

Great looking bike though, congrats!

#6 ·

So it's been a little while since I've been on here but just a quick update on modifications.

Spiegler Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines Front & Rear
Vesrah RJL Brake Pads
Pazzo Shorty Levers (Red)
Motodynamic Integrated Tail Light
TST Fender Eliminator + License Plate Bracket
Sato Street Hooks
OEM Rear Cowl

Just ordered a Zero Gravity Clear Double Bubble Windscreen.
Slowly coming along, planning on doing an exhaust w/ PC5, IRC
Samco Radiator Hoses
Rearsets
Brembo Master Cylinder
Rearsets

Planning on doing at least a few track days this coming season, just getting all my track leathers/armor sorted out this winter. I need some new tires as well, perhaps some Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2's..

#14 ·
Thank you. The MD tail light is fantastic. I'm glad I purchased this one over the others, particularly tst. This one has a light smoke tint to it. The light is much brighter than stock. The turn signals are sequential unlike the tst light. The brake light flashes 3 times quickly every time you apply the brakes unlike tst (my favorite part for the kind of traffic we have around here and the inattentive drivers).

Quality seems on par with oem.

I posted a link to my tail light comparison to the stock tail light, although the MD light looks much better in person. The camera struggled with the high light output from the MD light..

#16 ·
TST makes an excellent light and yes they offer tint as well. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was bashing the TST light. Some of the features of the moto dynamic light like sequential turn signals and flashing brake light, however, made it a better choice for me personally.

#19 ·
So I crashed the other day at the track.. Got in too hot on the first corner, tried to save the bike by going through the grass and lost the front in the grass.

Crash wasn't too bad, damage was much less than expected.

Bought new clip ons, new rearsets and new windscreen. Should be back on the track by next week!

#23 ·
Final track day of the season at the Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA!

Was improving dramatically, working on my lines and being even smoother.

Unfortunately, lost the front end toward the end of the day in a pretty fast corner. I was using a pirelli diablo SC1 rear tire with a Pirelli supercorsa SP V2 front tire. Consensus is that the rear tire out performed the grip of the front resulting in me on the tarmac. Oh well. Time for a track bike build. Will be more active in here as I take my bike to the next level.

Attachments

#24 ·
The crash ended up destroying the front end of the bike. OEM fairings are done for, fairing stay is bent and cracked. Rear wheel is bent. Handlebar and foot peg are ground down (luckily they are already aftermarket and I can replace the handlebar and the peg for super cheap). GB engine case saver did its job perfectly.

No frame, swingarm or subframe damage whatsoever so that makes me really happy. Forks appear to be just fine as well.

Could have easily been worse given the speed I went down at.

Will be converting her to a full track bike over the winter, along with some tasteful upgrades.

This is how she sits for now..

Attachments

#26 ·
Thanks man. I only had GB case savers on. Considering frame sliders for the future but at this point, i'm still not sure if I want them. I hear they can promote tumbling during a crash. The case savers work perfectly and I didn't have any frame or swingarm damage. The rear spool used to lift my bike with the rearstand that is attached to the swingarm got ground down so ill have to replace that but it probably saved my swingarm from damage.

#32 ·
I have heard that the Bazzaz unit is more detailed in its tuning possibilities. Also, usually oriented toward the track. Nothing wrong with PC but it seems most track guys dont go that route. I personally do not know, I haven't been able to try either but will likely go with a Bazzaz unit for this build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.