Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Hey fellas and gals

478 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tgregory414 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, new rider and first time ever on a bike after my wife bought me a 2005 cbr 1000rr. She use to race bikes so learned alot from her and been loving it.

#3 ·
What's your riding experience? None at all? Started on a 1000? Scary, but good luck and welcome.

#6 ·
Ya i noticed the other guy and thought maybe its might be a more common thing lol.

As for my riding expierence its all on the 1k, which I havnt dropped her and only scary moments i have had are due to other drivers. I have alot of expierence with clutch control on cars so i just transfer that over to the bike. I just keep my self in check and dont do anything i dont feel comfertable with.

Only problem is things that im noticing that the previous owner hid. There was eletrical tape around the clutch resevoir and i thought that was to just match the color... turns out it was to hide a crack. Talk about a scary riding experience with no clutch fluid and having to shift without the clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.