How long does it take to R/R bodywork - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 7 Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Jaybird180

How long does it take to R/R bodywork

I haven't done it on this bike yet (2006), except removed and replaced the tail to install a battery pigtail. Does the rest of the bodywork removal and reinstallation go smoothly? Are there any gotchas I should know about?

I have a set of bodywork I've been delaying installing and I'm thinking about doing it in the next couple days. I want to get an idea of what's ahead of me.

I did see a youtube video, but it doesn't show all of the process, being shown in time lapse mode and from a single angle.

-2006 CBR1000RR- Jardine RT-1 CF, GP Shift rearsets, GP Suspensions 20mm revalve, Penske 8987 triple clicker (more upgrades in progress)
-2013 CBR250R-ABS (Hers and now SOLD)
-2002 CBR600F4i (Track/Street) (was mine and now hers)
ZG Dbl Bbl, Galfer SS Lines, PC3r, Muzzy s/o, K&N air filter, NRC stator cover, ShiftMinder(WTF?), Fireblade brakes, Gold Rearsets, undercut gears, Factory Pro Shift Kit
Ohlins, Racetech, Showa custom Suspension
Because 12,000 RPM makes me feel better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-20-2017, 11:47 AM
LDH
Lifetime Premium

If it is actual OEM Honda bodywork 04-05 or 06-07 then it is about 3 Minutes for each side to get it either off the bike or reinstalled. Just make sure you have a clear line of sight to the bolt holes through the bodywork so you don't cross-thread one of the shoulder bolts when reinstalling.

If it is aftermarket street plastics then good luck and prepare for a battle of wills.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-20-2017, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Jaybird180

Then I'll prepare for a lot of sweating and cussing.

-2006 CBR1000RR- Jardine RT-1 CF, GP Shift rearsets, GP Suspensions 20mm revalve, Penske 8987 triple clicker (more upgrades in progress)
ZG Dbl Bbl, Galfer SS Lines, PC3r, Muzzy s/o, K&N air filter, NRC stator cover, ShiftMinder(WTF?), Fireblade brakes, Gold Rearsets, undercut gears, Factory Pro Shift Kit

post #4 of 7 Old 04-20-2017, 02:46 PM
trachito

taking the headlight fairing is a slower process than the rest of the bike. you have to remove the bracket, unplug the gauges, remove the gauges, then remove the headlights. it's just a lot of bolts and screws.

2006 CBR 1000RR
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
post #5 of 7 Old 04-21-2017, 04:29 AM
ICE RACER

OEM- About a full day and it will never be the same
After market Chinese junk- About a month and that shit will never be right. You'll have zip ties, and any thing else you have lying around to hold that shit on. And make sure you have drill bits and tin snips handy.
Good luck
post #6 of 7 Old 04-21-2017, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Jaybird180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE RACER View Post
OEM- About a full day and it will never be the same
After market Chinese junk- About a month and that shit will never be right. You'll have zip ties, and any thing else you have lying around to hold that shit on. And make sure you have drill bits and tin snips handy.
Good luck
LoL- well it's been sitting in the box in my garage since September. Nearly everything else is done and it's time to ride.

post #7 of 7 Old 04-21-2017, 11:28 AM
Steamboat

Ah... don't listen to the Nay Sayers! The aftermarket Fairings are quite good now. I've had a set on mine for years and they went on with no issues at all. I put the factory foam back in and some good heat protection on the lowers and they have never melted either. No zip ties or any other fasteners needed except stock mounting bolts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page