Power commander necessary? - Page 3 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #21 of 29 Old 04-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Rider X
Here for a good time

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
I have 2015 with a racefit slip on exhaust and my dealer told me that there could be long term engine damage as well.
LOL. One thing I've learned about dealers over the last 30 years is that they don't have a fookin' clue about the products they sell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 04-19-2017, 03:39 PM
SolidSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider X View Post
LOL. One thing I've learned about dealers over the last 30 years is that they don't have a fookin' clue about the products they sell
Lolol I agree, but I did not buy the racefit from the dealer.
post #23 of 29 Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM
noahb

What exactly are you traveling through where you would need 10 different AFR maps..on the fly

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #24 of 29 Old 04-20-2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Blackbolt22

Well it's done and paid for. $900. I will say the bike is more responsive at low end and runs smoother all the way around than my last bike with a slip on Yoshi and no PC and tune. It was a 2013 also. That one did seem to bog a lot at low RPM. Not so anymore.

So it runs better but $900 worth? Still seems like a lot. I'll chime in later after I've ridden it more. He charged me $400 for the PC and $500 for labor. His hands may be partially guided by God because he's a bit expensive all the way around.

Thanks for all the replies.

One things for sure. I'm so glad I'm rid of that Ducati 959. I absolutely hated that bike.
post #25 of 29 Old 04-20-2017, 11:25 AM
nthai

[QUOTE=Blackbolt22;4137682]His hands may be partially guided by God because he's a bit expensive all the way around.
QUOTE]

LOL
post #26 of 29 Old 04-20-2017, 12:55 PM
SolidSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt22 View Post
Well it's done and paid for. $900. I will say the bike is more responsive at low end and runs smoother all the way around than my last bike with a slip on Yoshi and no PC and tune. It was a 2013 also. That one did seem to bog a lot at low RPM. Not so anymore.

So it runs better but $900 worth? Still seems like a lot. I'll chime in later after I've ridden it more. He charged me $400 for the PC and $500 for labor. His hands may be partially guided by God because he's a bit expensive all the way around.

Thanks for all the replies.

One things for sure. I'm so glad I'm rid of that Ducati 959. I absolutely hated that bike.
400 for PC is about right but 500$ for labor is way too much, the 500$ includes the cost to dyno correct?
Btw I am around flagler/volusia county. We should link up and ride one day.
post #27 of 29 Old 04-20-2017, 01:14 PM
SolidSnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahb View Post
What exactly are you traveling through where you would need 10 different AFR maps..on the fly

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I do not need 10 on the fly, I only have 3 stored right now. Maybe some people need 10 who knows. Just saying its better than a full PCV cause it allows you to store 10 and not have to use a PC to change them (if you do not mind not being able to use all the other dynojet accessories)
post #28 of 29 Old 04-21-2017, 02:32 PM
MonacoGP
Flying Fossil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
I do not need 10 on the fly, I only have 3 stored right now. Maybe some people need 10 who knows. Just saying its better than a full PCV cause it allows you to store 10 and not have to use a PC to change them (if you do not mind not being able to use all the other dynojet accessories)
Are there download tunes that remove the limiters etc or just adjust fueling?
post #29 of 29 Old 04-21-2017, 04:57 PM
MonacoGP
Flying Fossil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoGP View Post
Are there download tunes that remyove the limiters etc or just adjust fueling?
Found my own answer: No

I wish someone did an open source tuner for us. The closest is the Woolrich stuff but it's pricey. With cars you can buy a $200 cable and software and edit darn near everything in the ECU. 2 step, rev limits, fuel, timing, other limiters, everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page