Is it a guy thing? - Page 2 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #11 of 18 Old 01-03-2017, 03:07 PM
mrstott

Garage
I hear that. It seems more and more common, at least with the people I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 01-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbafree View Post
My brother, by blood. my only brother. Him and my dad had a falling out about 15 yrs ago, so bad, my dad didn't go to my brother's wedding. when my brother showed up on my doorstep yesterday, he started talking shit about dad (something more than a decade old). My only rule is if you mock family, they should be there, in person. My dad is a dick, but he is an old man now, no need to be petty.

My brother didn't like that I called him on it (All I said is why is that funny to you?), then it all went downhill from there and it became a yelling match on my front stoop, bringing up all kinds of ancient history.

But what really lit him up, was my lack of gratitude for him showing up randomly on my doorstep. He asked me to explain to him why he needed to call or text me ahead of time, why he is coming. I said, if you need a detailed explanation of the why, then it doesn't matter to you, and it's not worth talking about.

No one had a falling out with my brother. He, by nature is self absorbed, and plays the 'victim'. Things happen to him, and people do things to him. He doesn't take any responsibility. Thanksgiving day, he turned on his computer to a black screen and only an 800 number. they wanted money, to fix the computer (He was hacked). Guess who he blamed for the computer hack? His kids. Yes he is married. Nothing is EVER his fault. His shit doesn't stink, actually, he doesn't have any shit (in his mind).

After reading that it definitely seems like he thinks he can do no wrong. Hard to be around people like that :/

Yoshimura R77 slip-on, Puig rear tire hugger, Pazzo shorty levers (milled billet aluminum), Zero Gravity SR series windscreen (dark smoke), front decal removed, reflectors removed, SpeedMetal swingarm slider spools, SpeedMetal tank protector, Targa fender eliminator kit, Philips extreme HID low beam (5k), mirrors removed, Lightech mirror block off plates, bar end mirror, Motodynamic sequential LED tail light smoke tinted. Not that anyone cares.
post #13 of 18 Old 01-06-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
numbafree

I am not perfect. I chose to say something, cuz he kept capping on my dad, about things more than a decade old. I could have let it go. Had I known it would escalate to soap opera proportions I would have kept quiet, as I will in the future.

Moms bday dinner tomorrow, public restaurant, can't wait to see my bro.

1/6 R6 throttle tube, Tri-r's, Annitori gen 2 QS, Corbin, PCV + custom tune,520 -1/+1 Vortex rearsets + Sato spindle holder, Jardine RT5 (CF), RCS19.
post #14 of 18 Old 01-09-2017, 02:36 PM
mrstott

Garage
How'd the bday dinner go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbafree View Post
I am not perfect. I chose to say something, cuz he kept capping on my dad, about things more than a decade old. I could have let it go. Had I known it would escalate to soap opera proportions I would have kept quiet, as I will in the future.

Moms bday dinner tomorrow, public restaurant, can't wait to see my bro.
post #15 of 18 Old 01-10-2017, 12:51 AM
MCPhotographer

Here's some perspective for you, cause all I'm hearing right now is whine whine whine. Last time I saw my brother I was leaving my house and he unexpectedly dropped by. Now he lived NOWHERE near me, and I lived in a part of California that is like an island to get to (no joke) it takes 20 minutes just to get off the hill I lived on. He probably travelled a couple of hours to get there. He was on foot, so I imagine he took a bus, he didn't have a car. My brother was 17 years older than me. I loved the piss out of him. He caught me leaving on a motorcycle my father had no idea about. I was nervous, thought I had to cover my tracks (should have realized that he dealt with the same bullshit my father put me through, and he was my brother). He needed something. Affection, family, to not be alone. I was the only one home. I didn't even think to ask him to come inside the house (but he was a half brother and I'm not sure how my mom would have felt finding him alone in the house). I ditched him (granted I was young and full of cum and going to see a girl I was in love with - this is before cell phones btw). My brother was dead 3 months later. That was the last time I saw him. Those were the last words I spoke to him. I can't think about how I abandoned him to this day without crying. So if you love your brother, ease the fuck up. He finally came by to see you. Maybe he needed you. Don't make the mistake I made. Don't lash out because of the stuff he did prior. Invite him in. Tell him you'd like it if he came by more. Stop trying to make a point.

Gilles levers/chain adjusters/rearsets, Galfer rotors & lines, Arata Full sys titanium, Ohlins Duhamel Shock, Ohlins Forks & Rotary Stabilizer w/custom bracket, Carrozerrias, 1/6 HRC throttle, Flapper & Nikky mod, Integrated tail, Gregg's Flushmounts, Acumen Gear Indicator, Speedo Healer, BNC Filters, Scorpio Paging Alarm, Solo seat, Custom fitted Saddleman Rider Seat and Pillion, Fender Eliminator, CF inlaid rear, Shorai, Apex Clipons, PC Ignition/QS/PC/PC Display, Rizoma Reservoirs
post #16 of 18 Old 01-10-2017, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
numbafree

^ I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

We both behaved at the dinner. I wasn't sitting next to him, he had zero comments or questions for me (typical). Both hii and his wife voted for Trump, and luckily everyone stay away from that hot topic over dinner. I did have a new fleece jacket that didn't fit me (mens), which I gave to him at the start of the visit at my house. Interesting, at the dinner, I asked if the jacket fit him, and it did, but he said it wasn't him, so he wasn't going to wear it. I asked if he had someone else to give it to, he said no. He did not bring the jacket back to give to me, he kept it, even though he has no plans to wear it, or give it to someone who will.

1/6 R6 throttle tube, Tri-r's, Annitori gen 2 QS, Corbin, PCV + custom tune,520 -1/+1 Vortex rearsets + Sato spindle holder, Jardine RT5 (CF), RCS19.
post #17 of 18 Old 01-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Bosarge22
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Life is short. People have a hard time turning the other cheek, especially to family that can push a button. Suck it up, lead by example,, take the higher road, whatever. There is obviously some level of dysfunction that needs to be broken so the pattern will change. Probably up to you to do it.

Move You Ass!
post #18 of 18 Old 01-18-2017, 07:16 AM
Slider
Naughty snout

A sibling is different then a friend or someone I know. If my sister showed up unannounced I would be concerned something was wrong. I would wonder if she was trying to get the nerve up to tell me something. Hell I don't even like her very much but I would be worried she needed my help. Not liking a sibling is way different then not loving them as family. We just don't get along all that well.

Friends naw they need to call first. I am a private person by nature, I don't answer the door endless I know who it's going to be, if I look through the peep whole and I don't know you forget about me opening the door. I don't even take a call if I don't know the number. Endless I am expecting a call from a company or something.

Hell one of the top 3 reasons I want a dog is so when I am working in the garage folks don't get the idea that it's okay to walk on up into my garage.

It's not that I am not a social person, but my house is my place of relaxation and I don't want it interrupted. Anywhere else I am a social butterfly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page