Fork height in top of triple tree - Page 4 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #31 of 35 Old 01-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Jaybird180

Stock settings are worthless. Now would be a good time to consider a spring change (if necessary).

-2006 CBR1000RR- Jardine RT-1 CF, GP Shift rearsets, color matched levers (more upgrades in progress)
-2013 CBR250R-ABS (Hers and now SOLD)
-2002 CBR600F4i (Track/Street) (was mine and now hers)
ZG Dbl Bbl, Galfer SS Lines, PC3r, Muzzy s/o, K&N air filter, NRC stator cover, ShiftMinder(WTF?), Fireblade brakes, fenderless, Gold Rearsets, undercut gears, Factory Pro Shift Kit
Ohlins, Racetech, Showa custom Suspension
Because 12,000 RPM makes me feel better

Last edited by Jaybird180; 01-17-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 01-23-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
FIREBLADE74

^^ I only weigh 145lbs, lol.

Got my fork back from dealer $196 for the pair off the bike.

I set everything up based on the youtube video by lambchop. Have yet to ride it to see if I like it. Ill update.
post #33 of 35 Old 01-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Jaybird180

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post

Ultimately neither the 04-05 or the 06-07 made good racebikes due to a myriad of frame and geometry issues, but anyone that did a professional set-up to those bikes for track use either raised the front end while keeping the rear relatively flat or they changed the offset to increase the Trail and then lengthened the overall wheelbase to compensate. Pro guys were actually machining out the axle slot on OEM swingarms and of course there were plenty of aftermarket swingarms of various extended lengths albeit at a cost....
What did Ten Kate do to the 07 to win a WSBK title?

As I recall, it was around this time also that American Honda had to part ways with HRC and there was zero contingency money offered by Honda for privateer racing. I think it had a chilling effect on Honda's overall use in racing afterward, but that's beside the point.

Ten Kate and other teams went racing on their own, making their own parts based on their own test data. I wonder if it's not a matter of Honda being "bad" but more the other manufacturers improving their line while Honda was no longer investing in racing.

-2006 CBR1000RR- Jardine RT-1 CF, GP Shift rearsets, color matched levers (more upgrades in progress)
ZG Dbl Bbl, Galfer SS Lines, PC3r, Muzzy s/o, K&N air filter, NRC stator cover, ShiftMinder(WTF?), Fireblade brakes, fenderless, Gold Rearsets, undercut gears, Factory Pro Shift Kit

post #34 of 35 Old 01-29-2017, 07:05 PM
LDH
Lifetime Premium

Those bikes didn't share a single bolt with the production bike we have. The amount of work they put into those chassis parts wouldn't even be legal by todays WSBK Rules.

Am/Honda parted ways with HRC because they were limiting them in what they could do to the leased bikes. They would not allow them to run Ohlins suspension even though they were 1.5 seconds per lap faster on the Ohlins over the SHOWA during pre-season testing at Daytona so they eventually just cut the cord and built their own bikes. Unfortunately Yoshi Suzuki had been cheating their asses off for years using Traction Control when it was outlawed by skirting the rules and nobody could catch them without that same kind of advantage.
post #35 of 35 Old 01-29-2017, 08:09 PM
Jaybird180

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Those bikes didn't share a single bolt with the production bike we have. The amount of work they put into those chassis parts wouldn't even be legal by todays WSBK Rules.

Am/Honda parted ways with HRC because they were limiting them in what they could do to the leased bikes. They would not allow them to run Ohlins suspension even though they were 1.5 seconds per lap faster on the Ohlins over the SHOWA during pre-season testing at Daytona so they eventually just cut the cord and built their own bikes. Unfortunately Yoshi Suzuki had been cheating their asses off for years using Traction Control when it was outlawed by skirting the rules and nobody could catch them without that same kind of advantage.
I recall that Ten Kate sold bikes for $30k and according to the article I read they were built using a production bike.

Yes, Yosh was cheating. I suspect AMA officials knew and turned a blind eye until Mladin kept poking that bear and they poked back and DQ'd him at ViR, giving Spies the 08 title by 1pt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page