Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmm HIDs and more:) (PICS! NO 56K!)

24K views 156 replies 60 participants last post by  1000rr04 
#1 ·
Anybody who is questioning whether to get HIDs or not...GET THEM! Seriously, it'll be the best 300$ roughly that you spend. I picked up a pair from Brad down at SuperBikeSupply and I am extremely pleased with what I have received. I was hesitant at first to buy the 8000k which Brad recommended for fear that they would be too blue, etc. Nope! they're perfect :D As you can see from the pics below, its a crystal clear, BRIGHT ASS, light bluish tint light. I seriously get "highbeamed" during the day for my headlights :eek: haha at least I know they see me....figure since they pull out in front of us so much, might as well blind them, then they'll know we're there :D I also orded the Puig Double Bubble Dark Smoke from Brad as well which fit like a glove and drastically helped the "wind bubble". I picked up some running light LED flushmounts, I"ll see if I can find the link...they seem to work well however I have one gripe, the actual blinking part of it isn't consistent..its more of a random blink..lol I don't use them anyways but for what its worth I may try to figure that out. I also picked up a white LED light for the center "headlight" that matches the color really well ;) I didn't have it put in yet during the pics below.

Honestly though, HIDs are always going to be on my bikes in the future, it makes night riding so much more fun, you're more confident that people can see you, and you can't outride your headlights as easily. Annnd the nice little bonus that they look great on our bikes;) lol

HIDs came in this crazy looking package....almost looked like a jewelry box lol.

Once again, thanks Brad for the awesome service and quick shipping!

See less See more
#6 ·
resuscit8u said:
details! which kit is plug and play?
Yup, just give Brad a call, this kit has been working for everyone, fits right in....I might do a writeup if I have some time on where exactly I mounted everything. I know there have been some in the past. The only PITA is finding effin room on the bike for the ballasts..lol The left side is cake b/c it mounts in the exact same location as the flapper junk. :D The right side on the other hand takes a little more patience ;) but it does fit in there. Unfortuneately I forgot to take pics of where exactly everything is, but I'll remember to next time I take the fairings off :cool:

#7 ·
bouc1331 said:
Yup, just give Brad a call, this kit has been working for everyone, fits right in....I might do a writeup if I have some time on where exactly I mounted everything. I know there have been some in the past. The only PITA is finding effin room on the bike for the ballasts..lol The left side is cake b/c it mounts in the exact same location as the flapper junk. :D The right side on the other hand takes a little more patience ;) but it does fit in there. Unfortuneately I forgot to take pics of where exactly everything is, but I'll remember to next time I take the fairings off :cool:
i have kits in stock to fix your blinking problem with the led lights. its plug and play as well. no splicing needed.

#9 ·
lexus rx said:
i have kits in stock to fix your blinking problem with the led lights. its plug and play as well. no splicing needed.
Brad, yeah I might have to look into that.....b/c when I ordered this LEDs they were listed as the ones with 3 wires and were running lights, etc...as opposed to the guys buying the LEDs with two wires and then buying the running light kit. So this kit will work with my flushmounts that have 3 wires?

#10 ·
see told ya guys.. i have been runnnin HID's about 4 years now and will never got back to normal bulbs...I love them at night when im on my way home and a cop is sitting waiting for speeders (uhmm not me..hehe) and i blind the ish outta him.. its so funny when they cover their eyes from the light..

#11 ·
RR from Staten Island said:
see told ya guys.. i have been runnnin HID's about 4 years now and will never got back to normal bulbs...I love them at night when im on my way home and a cop is sitting waiting for speeders (uhmm not me..hehe) and i blind the ish outta him.. its so funny when they cover their eyes from the light..

see how much fun you used to have here in NYC. LOL. only here could somebody get away with something like that. :D

#13 ·
LOL, i know. the last time I was practicing wheelies under the Triborough Bridge a cop came over in his highway car and asked me to raced him because he wanted to know if he could hang in case he needed to chase a sport bike so i let this other guy race him on a GSX-R600. (i have that on tape but won't show it for because the cop my get in big doodoo for that)

#15 ·
RR from Staten Island said:
Are they really that bright? They look good as hell. What gives them that bluish color. I just might have to get some of these.

#19 ·
You couldn't connect them wrong if you wanted to Jim....and they come with the plug to the headlight hardnest so all you'll have to do its:
-disconnect headlight bulb
-take headlihg bulb out
-replace headlight bulb with HID bulb
-connect HID ballast to the headlight connector from hardnest
-done. :D

#20 ·
metalscorpio said:
You couldn't connect them wrong if you wanted to Jim....and they come with the plug to the headlight hardnest so all you'll have to do its:
-disconnect headlight bulb
-take headlihg bulb out
-replace headlight bulb with HID bulb
-connect HID ballast to the headlight connector from hardnest
-done. :D
I am just worried about the dicking around with placing the ballasts, I will get them though, no matter what.

I guess worried isn't the right word, too lazy to do it may be more appropriate. :D

#25 ·
bdlstyle said:
What are the ballasts and what are there purpose?

If you look at the pics I posted at the beginning they are those silver "boxes" you see in the pics...like RR said, they'r what changes the voltage from a little to a wholllle lot. Another hint on installation is something Brad told me. Make sure your power lines(I believe) they're the thick black ones aren't touching any part of the ECU...especially that one right under the right upper fairing or when you turn on your high beams, they'll screw with your ECU and cause your bike to do some crazy stuff :confused: lol so I hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.