Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

What is this connetor??

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  resuscit8u 
#1 ·
what is it for??

Reason I asked is cause it looks real similar to the plug on the ZX6R that is used to defeat the US mapping to get more top end.

See less See more
#3 ·
what is it for??

Reason I asked is cause it looks real similar to the plug on the ZX6R that is used to defeat the US mapping to get more top end.

Thats the answer for the UK Power option; Tada you found it. Kidding, I have no idea.:th_SmlyROFL:

#4 ·
FLUX CAPACITOR MOD WOOHOO. Excitement over

#6 ·
Im not saying this is the majic "fix" weve all been looking for, just curious as to what this is.:beat:

#14 ·
According to the schamatic in the sticky it is a Data Link Connector (Jim was correct),
Looks like its tied in to the O2 sensor (US bikes dont have), the knock sensor, and another pin in the ECU called SCS.

So what I'm saying is I dont know what it is.:cool:

#15 ·
So it's one of those useless connectors then? kinda like a third nipple; just hangin around feelin lonely.

#17 ·
It's the Data Link connector. It is tied to 12V , and there is a ground, an SCS, and the K-Line. The K-Line is the data, and I believe if you ground the SCS, that will get the dash to blink engine fault codes. Quite a few places sell the PGM-FI plug for retrieving fault codes, I think it just ties the SCS to the ground wire.

The other connector from the Kawi is from a different connector manufacturer, and they are not compatible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.