NASHVILLE! - Page 4 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 05:17 PM

OH, while I was stuck behind a minivan moving slower than the speed limit on the Trace I got to thinking how awesome it would be if they closed it down once a year and held a motorcycle race from Nashville to AL or down the Trace... it could be like Tennessee's very own Isle of Man replica race haha, I know I know I'm a dreamer...

06 cbr 1000rr (yellow/blue)
BMC race
Power Commander III
Jardine CF slip on
-1 Front
Amsoil Full Syn
P.P. 2CT's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
2008 1000rr

Glad you didn't get pulled over Andy. Sorry I didn't make it, I really didn't expect things to go the way they did Saturday, still bitter about it.

As for the trace, I've been hearing alot about the reserve officers stepping up this season for some reason. I saw 4 last time I was out, that's more than I saw all last year and have heard that alot of guys are getting pulled. A friend of a friend died after going wide and into a tree last year, so that might have something to do with it. It's probably best to catch it during the week.

I prefer the trace because there are no driveways for cars to pull out of, and it's kept pretty clean. But you're right, you have to go a little faster to enjoy it. This was a vid I took the first weekend I got the GoPro

Once the tires warm up I usually stay around 80-90
post #33 of 37 Old 02-22-2011, 12:08 AM

Its cool man, I enjoyed my ride. That was the longest ride I'd been on since before winter. Nice vid btw, I was thinking about geting a gopro but I'm goin the cheap rout. I just bought the stuff to make a mount for my digital camera. I can definitely see how if you were ridin fast enough to have fun, ie 80ish, and you went down, theres no way to avoid the wall of trees just 10-20ft off the road in some places.

BMC race
Power Commander III
Jardine CF slip on
-1 Front
Amsoil Full Syn
P.P. 2CT's
post #34 of 37 Old 02-22-2011, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
2008 1000rr

Check craigslist. I ended of finding the HD version of the camera for $60 I think??
post #35 of 37 Old 02-22-2011, 01:13 PM

Thats a hell of a deal if you got it for 60, I'll keep an eye out on CL. I wanna see how my mount idea works first, I'll put it together this weekend and test it out.

BMC race
Power Commander III
Jardine CF slip on
-1 Front
Amsoil Full Syn
P.P. 2CT's
post #36 of 37 Old 10-18-2012, 04:34 AM

You guys still out riding? I just got my bike and I'm looking for some fun roads to ride. Any suggestions around the boro?
post #37 of 37 Old 11-20-2012, 11:14 AM

Found some good curvy roads in the Beachgrove area. Pretty fun! Anyone else around the area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page