NASHVILLE! : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
2008 1000rr

NASHVILLE!

Just curious as to how many of you guys are around the Nashville area and would be interested in a group ride/meet..

I'd like to add to our group, and possibly plan a Saturday ride around the area. Lots of options... Natchez Trace, Clarksville, River Road/Ashland City area, etc... Post up if this is something you'd be interested in!
slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2010, 12:13 AM   #2

I used to live in Nashville, I live in Murfreesboro now, but me and a buddy of mine go ride just about every weekend. We're always trying to find more people to ride with, and new places to ride. We were out in Spencer, TN all day today. Clarksville is a little north for us but if you know where the good roads are I'd be glad to come that way. Theres some good roads around Centerhill Dam... kinda in the middle between clarksville and murfreesboro. The weather is about to start sucking around here, rain and highs in the 50's on the ten day. Just keep in touch and let me know when you wanna ride.
Jardine CF slip on
-1 Front
Amsoil Full Syn
P.P. 2CT's
runthetableandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Tommy

i'm in Knoxville and never against a road trip... I don't know if I'll be able to this year(work is crazy right now) but i'm definitely down some time.
TGUN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Certified Muffdiver

In Clarksville when I'm home. I like riding the trace and heading out towards ashland city. There's some good roads out there. Would love to ride sometime, but I won't be home until June/July timeframe.

08 Custom Paint, Bazzaz Z-Bomb,Z-Fi and Z-AFM, Full Akrapovic Evo CF, Vortex rear sets, Galfer SB lines, Helibars, Titax levers, Throttlemeister bar ends, Honda energy seat, Clear Alternatives int light, powder coated triple tree's, bars, tag brackets, etc. to black out bike, Rizoma chain guard, Puig WS, custom tag bracket and radiator guard, hollowed out air tubes, BMC filter, ESRM, Pass Peg Relocators, Pair Block off Plates
JEBSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
eSquid

Can we do lunch at the Gibson guitar factory? J/K I'm in Richmond, not likely to wander that far from home (unless I get a serious kitchen pass).
NESBA #61 B
Fireblade61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
2008 1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by runthetableandy View Post
I used to live in Nashville, I live in Murfreesboro now, but me and a buddy of mine go ride just about every weekend. We're always trying to find more people to ride with, and new places to ride. We were out in Spencer, TN all day today. Clarksville is a little north for us but if you know where the good roads are I'd be glad to come that way. Theres some good roads around Centerhill Dam... kinda in the middle between clarksville and murfreesboro. The weather is about to start sucking around here, rain and highs in the 50's on the ten day. Just keep in touch and let me know when you wanna ride.
I hear ya on the weather...been lucky these past few weeks, but the cold is definitely on it's way. Also, Clarksville is a bit of a trip for me as well, I'm just north of Nashville, in Hendersonville so I prefer the trace (Natchez Trace Parkway)

I work every Sunday, so we usually ride on Saturday. I'll post up in this thread ahead of time w/ directions, plans, etc.. whenever there looks to be a nice Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGUN11 View Post
i'm in Knoxville and never against a road trip... I don't know if I'll be able to this year(work is crazy right now) but i'm definitely down some time.
Sounds good man, just post up whenever you're free I'm usually always down to ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEBSR View Post
In Clarksville when I'm home. I like riding the trace and heading out towards ashland city. There's some good roads out there. Would love to ride sometime, but I won't be home until June/July timeframe.
The trace is where it's at for sure...I'm not as familiar with Ashland City, def need to check it out sometime. Let us know when you get back.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
2008 1000rr

it's warming up, anyone down to ride saturday?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
Tommy

i want too.. but i'm waiting for my replacement parts to come in. I went down last weekend after i hit some road salt and loose gravel in a left hand turn and had a low speed lowside
Old 02-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
2008 1000rr

thats no fun, we need a good rain for sure, i took my girl on a slow ride on the trace wednesday and it looked pretty clean to me. sorry to hear that man, what's the damage ?
Old 02-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
Tommy

thanks..

not too terrible... glad it was a low speed lowside (all left side damage) turn signal, clutch lever, plastic & shift linkage. I don't know if i can even get just the left fairing plastic or how much it would cost.

I ordered everything but the shift linkage... i'm looking for one of those still and i'd rather not pay $40 for it if i can help it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wreck1.jpg (867.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wreck2.jpg (949.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wreck3.jpg (1,000.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wreck4.jpg (913.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wreck5.jpg (1.02 MB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement