Anyone in East Texas??? : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
1 Fast Aussie

Anyone in East Texas???

Looking for some people to ride with. Anyone in the East Texas, Tyler Area???
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Banned Camp Counselor

Lots of folks in the Dallas area, and some on here from Waco.
Not your area, but if you venture out, you'll find lots of folks to ride with.
If you're up for doing track days, you'll find lots of folks on here for joining in those opportunities.
n7hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
1 Fast Aussie

Oh definately. I'm an ex racer fiending for some track time... I'd be happy to go back to control riding/ instructing if some trackday providers have the need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Banned Camp Counselor

The local racing league is CMRA (CMRAracing.com), you can register on there as a non-racer, and still get to most of the site.
On the site, you'll find in the Vendor area, all the local (Texas-based) track day organizations.

When (If) you register on there, you have to use your Full first and last name for your user account; there's no hiding behind colorful usernames/handles.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
1 Fast Aussie

Sounds good... Thanks for the info... I noticed you did pretty well racing this year, congrats... If you're anywhere near me, we may have to meet up for a trackday or something sometime....

You may have to cut me some slack though, it's been about 2 years since I've been on track. I've only had a couple laps since my big wreck. Lol

Old 12-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #6

Tyler is a little further N. than we usually ride. There is track east of here (TX World Speedway), in DFW area there are a couple, and even a small club track I've ridden in San Marcos (Harris Hill). Plus a few others in TX.

If you are willing to ride South and West, there are some twistie roads in Austin area and, of course, further west (Leakey). But, that would be more of a trip for you.

CMRA # 117
CBRyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
Banned Camp Counselor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiedc10 View Post
Sounds good... Thanks for the info... I noticed you did pretty well racing this year, congrats... If you're anywhere near me, we may have to meet up for a trackday or something sometime....

You may have to cut me some slack though, it's been about 2 years since I've been on track. I've only had a couple laps since my big wreck. Lol
You bet on the info, just trying to help out the area guys. There's lot of good folks on here from the Dallas and surrounding areas.
We're not far apart, I'm just up in North Dallas. Always good to meet track-loving folks!

The only track day events that I attend, are Lone Star (currently anyway), which are the Friday practice events before the Sunday sprints.
The track, Eagles Canyon, which is about 40 miles north of Dallas, has some open days through the year, and sometimes I go to those. Those events have a significant drop in the regular attendance, since they're not a mass-marketed event. If you can make it, they're A LOT more open-track than the others...
http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/schedule.php

Hope your big wreck wasn't too bad, and hasn't resulted in any permanent or long-lasting issues.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
1 Fast Aussie

Eagles canyon sounds good... I'm alright now, but I have a rod, a plate, screws, and cadaver ligaments in my right leg from 1/3 of the way up my calf down to mid foot.

I ended up losing my ride and everything from it. It's tough to keep major sponsors/ support when you're in a cast for 6+ months and have to re-learn how to walk. Lol...

I really am blessed though, considering that it could have been much worse, as it has been for some of my friends. My buddy Brant Wiwi broke vertebrae, and I've known a few others that have since passed away. I really am blessed to be here and back to normal...

Just let me know in advance when you are thinkin about the open day and ill try to make it... Also, I was looking on cmra at the list of people needing teammates etc. if you run into a snag and can't find someone if you want to do an endurance race, give me a call, I'll ride with you...

-Darren

Old 12-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Banned Camp Counselor

Wow, that sounds like it was a nasty incident. Always nice to hear of full, to nearly full, recovery stories.

Finances really aren't in my play for 2013, to do Endurance, but your offer is appreciated.
There are some other guys on here in the market for doing Endurance. There are two other Dallas-area forums that you can hop on, and get more information for those folks.

Most of the real track day guys are on MotoDFW.com; which is a Ride Smart track day owned forum. So, there's no talk of other track day organizations there. ...Not even the open ECR days.
I don't participate with that track day organization any longer, and am actually banned from the website too (others on here can vouch for what happened, but it comes down to the fact that some of their past Instructor's were super-a-holes, and I got fed-up with their attitudes, and shyt talk, when I was faster then them after / about one year of riding).
I do know that there is a guy on there named Jack (Moss last name, I believe), that is getting an Endurance team together for 2013.

The other site is DFWsportbikes.org; it's not a very active site, but there's some decent folks there. They mostly only post up about Ride Smart track days, and the ECR days, but not too many other type of track events.

If we get an ECR open day planned, we'll most-likely have it posted up here!
-Greg
Old 12-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #10

Just now seeing this thread aussie. I am in marshall, 1 hour from you but i meet up with guys from longview and henderson to ride the great roads we have here up around gilmer and lake o the pines all the time!

I do as many trackdays as my work allows on my 600rr and planning to start my road racing "career" in february at msr houston. ECR open days are a blast also, I try to make it out for them. Layed back days at the track chillin with n7hevn, 1000rrk5, flyingpig, loonytoons, Elliot1000rr, etc. . . Good times! Can't wait till you join us! Sounds like you could show me a thing or two!!!! I need it!
04 crf250r

Last edited by impalenthelen; 12-26-2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention my main man elliot, DUH me!
impalenthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement