Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Front Suspension clunk sound?

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sashsania 
#1 ·
Im on a 2015 1000RR

I have my first service tomorrow and want to be able to bring up this issue to the techs but really dont know how to explain it to them or even if its a problem

Whenever I go over any hard bumps in the road...speed bumps, pot holes, etc...the front end makes this clunking sound while the suspension is compressed. It only happens while going over hard bumps or dips in the road. Doesnt happen under hard braking, turning, acceleration or anything like that. Im not flying over these bumps either, taking them nice and slow and still a hard clunking sound

Any ideas what it could be??

Thanks

#4 ·
This is normal on the swowa big piston front folks. As you mentioned this only happens while going over hard bumps or dips in the road.
Also been reported on Suzuki gsx r's & Kawa zzr's 1000cc bikes with the same folks fitted.
I had the same front suspension knock on the 2015 demo bike & mine also.
You get use to it after a while.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone...I held the front brake and pushed down on the front and wasnt able to replicate the sound..suspension sounded solid when doing that. All bolts holding the triple tree are tight as well.

Ive been doing some research and like Spartan Andy said, alot of others have had this same knock/clunk sound only while going over hard bumps...ill just live with it lol..suspension operates and sound normal in every other scenario

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.