Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2012 suspension

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Aussiedc10 
#1 ·
Where is a good place to have my suspension work done I know there is factory connection and rg3.. I like in VT and there isn't much around me so if anyone knows of a good place in NY, CT, NH please let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
Just looking to get susp dialed in and set up for my height / riding style see doesn't get very hot here in summer maybe 1-2 days of 90 but mostly 65-75 so I'm not sure I'd benefit from having a few grand in my suspension. Well I would but not spending that kind of cashola. I would consider a revalve with ohlins internals... Still looking for a place close by that does it....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#10 ·
I've read somewhere that if you really want you can have the shock revalved, but it's not worth it in the long run (you still don't have an adjustable length, for example). The stock suspension has done quite well for me for the nearly 18,000 miles I've had my '08 (including trackdays). But as the mileage accumulates I plan on a fork revalve and shock replacement. :th_salute:

#12 ·
Basically just looking for a good place to go to get my stock suspension set up for me.... That's all really. I have a slip on so I'm not that worried about heat affecting it has not yet and there are plenty curves to carve but it's all around mountains and the climate is never blistering hot...
Sounds like you'd be happy with getting the spring sag set. I had my stock suspension professionally set-up shortly after I broke-in the bike and, with the exception of backing off the damping adjustments a couple of clicks for street use (it was done at a trackday), I really haven't touched it since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.