Squids Getting Squided - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SamRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 617
Squids Getting Squided

Yeah you never know how it all started but still,
That driver needs to get his ass kicked.

http://www.dpccars.com/motorcycle-12...motorcycle.htm
SamRR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Banned Camp Counselor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,087
There are a couple of moments that are just plain STUPID by the bikers involved here.

There was clearly a pattern when this cager is TRYING to hit the bikers, but yet, one of the bikers is going to drive NEXT to the car; what the hell was he thinking?!?!?

What's not clear at the end of the clip, is there appears to be the sound of a Police siren, but with all the bikers headlights, I could not tell if there was any Police flashing lights.

What was the outcome of all this?
Did a cop show up and arrest this driver?
Did the bikers end up beating the shyt out of this driver?

I don't ride a sport bike on the street any more. But, if I did, I would be a regular visitor to pawn shops, buying old rusty big-ass box wrenches that fit in a left back pants pocket, that would end up through the windshield of any drivers like that.
Had gotten the idea years ago, from a 1%'er, when I used to ride Harley's. Had asked him why he had such a huge wrench in his back pocket, which he replied, "When someone is riding behind me a bit too close, I just pull it out of my pocket with my my left hand, hold it up in the air with a waving backward motion, while staying on the gas!", and the driver get the hint about 90% of the time.

Be careful out there guys, but please be smart, and don't be a Squid ass, that infuriates cagers to these degrees. Don't forget too, cagers driving a PoS car like that, generally won't have a good "care" about things.

Last edited by n7hevn; 07-29-2012 at 03:11 PM.
n7hevn is offline  
post #3 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
aieownyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 230
Sickening to be grouped up with those douche bags. If they crashed it would've been well deserved.
KNEEDRAG05 likes this.
aieownyu is online now  
post #4 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
jigboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ft Hood, TX
Posts: 315
JEAN SHORTS!


Stupidity all around...
jigboy22 is offline  
post #5 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Senior Member
 
nola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 189
Seems like problem was 50% squidleys and 50% cager. Not 100% sure, but it appeared that squids were egging on the cager, but still doesn't justify trying to run them off the road. Anyone with common sense should know that a 450lb bike is no match for a 2000lb car...no matter how superior your m/c riding skills are. These guys should have backed off after the initial attempt, grabbed the license plate and called in to the police. There's obviously video of attempted vehicular manslaughter, which would have sealed a case against this idiot cager.
nola is offline  
post #6 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Senior Member
 
BryGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 776
All people in this video are morons. When idiot drivers do dumb stuff, I choose to get the heck out of there. There is no way that crap box of a car could keep up with a liter bike. There is no way I am going to ride next to a car on the freeway and ask for them to hit me.

2010 CBR1000rr

"The journey is what brings us happiness, not the destination."

BryGuy is offline  
post #7 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Member
 
McAnally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by n7hevn View Post
There are a couple of moments that are just plain STUPID by the bikers involved here.

There was clearly a pattern when this cager is TRYING to hit the bikers, but yet, one of the bikers is going to drive NEXT to the car; what the hell was he thinking?!?!?

What's not clear at the end of the clip, is there appears to be the sound of a Police siren, but with all the bikers headlights, I could not tell if there was any Police flashing lights.

What was the outcome of all this?
Did a cop show up and arrest this driver?
Did the bikers end up beating the shyt out of this driver?

I don't ride a sport bike on the street any more. But, if I did, I would be a regular visitor to pawn shops, buying old rusty big-ass box wrenches that fit in a left back pants pocket, that would end up through the windshield of any drivers like that.
Had gotten the idea years ago, from a 1%'er, when I used to ride Harley's. Had asked him why he had such a huge wrench in his back pocket, which he replied, "When someone is riding behind me a bit too close, I just pull it out of my pocket with my my left hand, hold it up in the air with a waving backward motion, while staying on the gas!", and the driver get the hint about 90% of the time.

Be careful out there guys, but please be smart, and don't be a Squid ass, that infuriates cagers to these degrees. Don't forget too, cagers driving a PoS car like that, generally won't have a good "care" about things.
My thoughts exactly. I couldn't understand why the bikes were still anywhere near that car. Leave it behind or slow down, take the next exit, and have a smoke or something.

Your comment about the wrench brought back memories. I have a good friend whose father was a Boozefighter, and he said he'd keep a marbles or ball bearings with him. According to him a handful could damage a radiator, head lights, windshield, hood, etc.
McAnally is offline  
post #8 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Banned Camp Counselor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAnally View Post
My thoughts exactly. I couldn't understand why the bikes were still anywhere near that car. Leave it behind or slow down, take the next exit, and have a smoke or something.

Your comment about the wrench brought back memories. I have a good friend whose father was a Boozefighter, and he said he'd keep a marbles or ball bearings with him. According to him a handful could damage a radiator, head lights, windshield, hood, etc.
We have BoozeFighter's here in Texas too.
Ball bearings are an alternative, but not practical for us on sport bikes. A wrench being nice and flat, fits in a back pocket. You'd need saddle bags for large ball bearings to be 'portable and accessible in the moment'.
n7hevn is offline  
post #9 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
 
CBRyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGuy View Post
All people in this video are morons. When idiot drivers do dumb stuff, I choose to get the heck out of there. There is no way that crap box of a car could keep up with a liter bike. There is no way I am going to ride next to a car on the freeway and ask for them to hit me.
+1

CBR1000RR

CMRA # 117
CBRyb is offline  
post #10 of 33 Old 07-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 95
I'm with n7hevn and BryGuy on this, why the hell would you CONTINUALLY ride up next to, or ANYWHERE NEAR the car for that matter, when he/she has already tried to run you off the road and get you to run up the arse of you a few times?!?!? It only takes one instance to get a conviction, not 10, why endanger yourself further by provoking the driver more?

Squid-ing aside, these guys were dicks in how they reacted after the initial instance, doesn't take much to go WOT for 10 seconds and lose the idiot, or just pull over and let them go!

Wish it was a helmet (assuming the idiots were wearing one) cam to see the confrontation at the end and to see if the cops turned up....
phillthy2304 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome