Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Pirelli Diablo Rosso 3's

5K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  ND2507g35xs 
#1 ·
I have ran Metz, Bridgestone, and currently running Continental. I was just curious, I haven't tried Pirelli yet. I was thinking about giving the Rosso 3's a try.

Has anyone on this forum run them yet or know anyone that has (I know they are fairly new).

Thanks.

#3 ·
Yeah, I've done the same. I may run a pair a little later in the riding season. If you throw them on soon enough let us know how they treat ya!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Just my 2 cents, but I run AVON tires. Check their history out. They recently did a tire challenge, and the Avons' took approximately 44 seconds to heat up. They get stupid hot and sticky. All of the other top brands took up to 2 mins sometimes to warm up.

#8 ·
My friend has a pair of Shinkos, he likes them. My personal opinion, to a certain point you get what you pay for.

Currently running Continental Sport Attack 2's and I can't get them to budge. But I just want to test Pirelli without getting something like the Supercorsa SP V2.

#11 ·
Running S21 rear on the ZX10R and love it. 200/55 ridden in the dry and wet. Lots of grip in both cases and am replacing my Rosso Corsa front with a S21 Front soon. Main thing is grip level out of the rear seems as good as my old Rosso Corsa but I have better wet grip and better centerline wear. Been using Rosso 3 and Corsa's for a while now and not going back. Finnish roads tend to chew through Pirelli's center line quickly and are uite harsh on MC tyres in general (surface rough due to spiked winter tyres).

#12 ·
Compared to a Q3 they are better street tires pushing at 70% beyond that they are lacking just a little. Will probably get a little better mileage and are far better in the wet.

However they feel terrible on the very edge and I run out of tires alot sooner than with the q3s.

They have plenty of grip and I like the harder compound center I'm not not a fan of the profile.

My hope is the rosso 3 will have similar attributes to the s21 with a more aggressive profile like the q3 and super corsa

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#13 ·
So is the profile that far much different on the S21 unlike some of more agressive tires? I'm just curious because I can pick up a set of the S21 for $159 from a local cycle gear

#15 ·
Well considering the rear tire cost me $210 and the front $176 I did get what I paid for. And as I see the conversation is all about the same tires that everyone buys. I have had all of the same brands and these are just like these tires mentioned. Once I did real research nothing in the world is better than being different. Avon is not like these new tire companies where their tires are made out of recycled tires.

#17 ·
In the price sense that is even more than my current Continental SPA2s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.