Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Pirelli vs. Michelin

13K views 42 replies 37 participants last post by  obway 
#1 ·
Well my SQ2 is about toast on the 12. Thinkin of going with Pirelli Diablo Rosso IIs which is their dual compound tire, or the pilot power 2CTs. Any opinions one way or the other ? I had the Rosso IIs on my 600RR and liked em, I was thinkin of going 55 on the rear as well, it's actually cheaper than the 50.

Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#32 ·
SMFH........SQ2? Who makes that tire? Is it a SC2, Q2 or S20?
Nobody caught this?

Another "which tire" thread, eh? FWIW I put over 9500 miles on a set of Pirelli Angel ST's. Great edge to edge cornering grip, superb in the rain, and during cornering they turn in quicker than the Bridgestone BT023's I'm running now. Once these wear out I'm going back to the Angels.

Sent from my M886 using Motorcycle.com Free App
:thumbsup: Have seen them with 11,000 mi.

#37 ·
Mileage vs stikcy tire ?
I am a trackday guy, so give me a sticky one... When I used to ride street, love the Power Pilot 2ct. I will soon get an street bike and I like michelins, so I'll go with the Power Ones (commercial) still sticky.

I'll probably get a K less miles but I'll trade the mileage for stickiness since I ride agressebly while on street :D

#41 ·
anyone else ride with the pp3s?? i want to try them out i have q2s now, half gone and with a -1 front sprocket i cant rip it open in 2nd without them slipping unless ive been at highway speeds for 20 min.. heard good things about the 2cts and the pp3s are supposed to be even better, just want a tire i can trust without spending a fortune every 3 months. btw i ride everyday commuting and out at the twisties all weekend, i would say very aggressive street rider

#42 ·
I just got a pp3 front and a pr3 rear. Better than my last setup of pure front and road 2 rear. I put over 6k miles on that set up and I like it a lot but the new set up is better. The pp3 has no warm up time and it doesn't follow the cracks in the road. Also went with a 190/55 rear. Made the bike more nimble and it also feels more planted in corners.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#43 ·
Whatever you decied 55 REAR

Whatever you decied 55 REAR
IMO Pirelli over everything else:hail:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.