Pilot Road 3's : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #1

Pilot Road 3's

After 4,000 miles of highway commuting between school and work, the stock Dunlop Qualifier II's have committed suicide. I will say I wish they died off quicker because I NEVER liked them, nor did I trust them with grip.. I felt that they have a squared off design and it made it where I had to give it hell to bomb into turns... Like the bike was fighting me to stand back upright.

Well it Was between Q2's (which I had on my 06 600rr) or go for something new. I chose the Michelins PR3s.

Finally got 1,000 miles on the new tires and boy was I shocked. The initial ride was all straights home, but it felt a lot more stable and agile. After really getting on it into turns, it actually scared me. The bike loves to hug the road and dive into turns effortlessly.. It was so smooth and willing to lean over I thought I was too low for the streets, I've never gotten this low before . They are definitely worth the $314 OTD price I paid!! I WILL be buying them again for sure. Here they are.

They are awesome because I will not be taking this to the track, in about a year I'll be buying another cbr strictly for the track..I know these tires are not meant for track use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
SRM

They look nice! I've been tempted to try them. I file the sides of my pures down to the bars in less then 2k miles. I don't track this bike but I live in the twisty foothills, so I'm on the edge of the rear tire often.
SRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #3

when i think of "bombing into turns" on sport touring tires i think of suicide. dont get too crazy on those bad boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Crosshair View Post
:For all you self-righteous Liberals, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm sure the crackhead tweaker that kills you for your car did it with a legally aquired weapon, and has a CCW. Like I said before, hug a tree, and pump out some more John Mayer, throw out the deodorant, slap on the sandals, and change the world by eating organic food. You're doing great
needmoretires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoretires View Post
when i think of "bombing into turns" on sport touring tires i think of suicide. dont get too crazy on those bad boys.

Yeah man, I know- I have pushed them decently hard for my own pace and the feel good so far. Not going to be doing anything crazy.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #5

I love mine got 7000 on them I will buy them again

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
2006 cbr1000rr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #6
Ex-Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoretires View Post
They're multi-compound. The edges are the same stuff the other pilot's are. I used the Road 2's on my 1098S and they never gave me an ah-shit moment.

I only ran the road rears, I used the Pilot Power 2CT on the front.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Mods: Lots of track days and large testicles
TheX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #7

^exactly.. I have only had the rear slide out a bit when i was really low in a turn on the street and i went over the damn white painted arrow in the turning lane.. It gripped so quick after it slipped. Not even close to an oh shit moment.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #8

I love my new set. Definitely know what you mean about the lean in and agility. Great feeling, and i feel very connected now.

I mostly commute with my bike now, and I am very interested in getting better milage out of a set. hope these work out with the harder compound down the middle.

Got a fantastic price + mount/balance at Texas power sports up in Gtown. I was pleasantly suprised at the price and service. Cheaper to pay them to do it, than to invest my time and do it myself. Rare thing that.
LRStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
12 RED 1000RR "GINGER"

ive been running a pure front and a road 2 rear and im highly satisfied, i ran 2ct and road 2 rear on my 08 and after 2k miles they still looked new, im at 800 on these now, ive been told the 3s are badass in the rain but i havent had any problems with the setup i have now in the rain so it can only get better...
Integrated Tail Light, Fender Eliminator, A lot of powder coating, FMF Apex S/O, Bazzaz Zfi, Zbomb, block off plates, modded vstacks, emissions and flappers removed, air tubes sealed off, k&n race air filter, SS lines, HH pads. DB windscreen, frame & engine sliders, suspension setup from ORO cycles in austin, 520 conversion, speedo healer, and some other stuff that my wife doesnt know about to come.
TheBigBankHank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #10

Yeah they are sweet in the rain. Ive more than half my miles in the rain. They hold really well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement