confused about tire pressures... - Page 2 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #11

nothing wrong with running the oem recommended pressures, on the street, you will get maximum tire wear. I turn 33/34 front 36/37 rear. track I run 30/30 when it's 100 out and 31/31 in 80 degree weather.
numbafree is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade61 View Post
1) Tires are stickier when they are warm.
2) They warm up from flexing (not from doing burnouts).
3) Lower pressures mean more flexing.

The trade off for running lower pressures in order to get more grip is mileage. I barely got 4000 miles out of my tires on the street when I was using 32 rear and 34 front ( I know, that's backwards, I'm an idiot blah blah blah blah). My last set was run at 36 front and 40 rear, and I got around 10,000 out of them and never had any sensation of losing grip during my typical commuting and weekend squiding around on the back roads. I just switched to PP2CT's and I'm running 36F and 40R and they feel awesome. I even got surprised by a sharp turn last weekend and as I was trying to get on the front brake to slow a bit, the brand new pads (puttin in plug for for Brad and Mary here) really grabbed up. Front end dove but didn't push at all.
I wouldn't say more in the front is backwards, just different. After reading some track guys talk about this I've been experimenting with it, settled in at 33f/32r right now and I love it, more turn in than having more air in the rear, but not too much since I'm only running 1psi more in front.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
OEM seat cowl, powdercoated wheels, Honda CF tank pad, Shogun sliders, Pazzo white/blue levers, Cox radiator guard,
blue rimstripes, Driven red grips, Puig screen, Aluminum Leo Vince Oval EVOII, PCV, Intakes gutted, PAIR removal,
white marker LED's, chrome signal bulbs, SpeedoDRD, -1/+2 sprockets, Gorilla alarm, APE CCT.
shleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrR View Post
Please enlighten us!! Exactly where should his tire pressure be and what is your reasoning? Most importantly why would you call a complete stranger an idiot over tire pressure?

epic troll is epic
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post

epic troll is epic
Interesting, so basically you rolled the dice and spat out a ignorant comment because you simply have no knowledge on the matter. In the process insult another member for no reason. You should do more reading and less posting!
SlvrR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #15

38front 42rear allways any condition any road! on 2ct's! never had any issues!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
Can u c me? I can c u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
you are 235 and have 34 in the front? you're an idiot
Site rules site rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Site Rules
Every member has an opinion. You may not agree with their opinion but it is theirs. Respect of members opinions is mandatory. Mature discussion of topics is strongly recommended. Name calling is frowned upon. Any member found belittling another member will be suspended. The length of time will be determined by the Administrator or Moderators.
6000k HID~LSL Sliders~Chrome Signal Bulbs~Sato Hooks~Black Rearsets~ CNC BarEnds~SX Tag Bracket,
Cox Radiator Guard~Integrated Taillight~POWMIA TankPad~White LED Running lights~Adjustable Levers,
Carbon Rear Hugger~Brake Socks~3M Carbon Wraped~DualDensity Progrips~Front Axle Sliders~Puig smoked windshield.
Tjdehya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
eSquid

More data to chew on. Summit Point W.Va., Jefferson circuit is short (about a mile). Pretty hard to get the tires warmed up. I started the day (with about 65 degree air/track temps) at 30f and 32 rear. Still felt pretty slippery. I held off on lowering pressure cuz the old timers said the track would get stickier after each session due to sun warming up the surface and from people laying rubber in the race lane. It got a bit better in the second and third sessions. After the noon break I was thinking the tires still felt like they weren't holding like my Q2's did, so I dropped a few psi out of the front. Big improvement. I've seen tons of veterans say Mich. PP2CT's need to be run at about 28 cold to work. I thought that was wicked low, but turns out it was dead on.
NESBA #61 B
Fireblade61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
Lifetime Premium

I know this is somewhat of an old thread, but i guess thats what the forum "search" button is for.....just curious can someone explain the weight/tire pressure setting...ive noticed ya'll been saying 33f-34r for an all around temp (for street riding)...just curious to know if this setting is a good fit for someone around 140lbs...thanks in advance!

‎"What can you ever really know of other people's souls—of their temptations, their opportunities, their struggles? One soul in the whole creation you do know: and it is the only one whose fate is placed in your hands."

"The only people who achieve much are those who want knowledge so badly that they seek it while the conditions are still unfavorable."
~ The Weight of Glory
Visionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #19

I have a riding buddy that weighs around that, and rides 31/31 street, all the time.

mess around a little and see what you like.
numbafree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionary View Post
ive noticed ya'll been saying 33f-34r for an all around temp (for street riding)...just curious to know if this setting is a good fit for someone around 140lbs...thanks in advance!
Not everyone has been saying that. I keep mine at close to the owner's manual, service manual and swingarm sticker recommended pressure of 36F/42R. I do strictly street riding and get about 10k miles out of a set of tires.
TedEbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement