confused about tire pressures... - Page 3 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedEbear View Post
Not everyone has been saying that. I keep mine at close to the owner's manual, service manual and swingarm sticker recommended pressure of 36F/42R. I do strictly street riding and get about 10k miles out of a set of tires.
I'm calling bullshit. I don't care what pressures you're running, there's no way in hell you're getting 10k on regular sportbike tires.

Sent from my M886 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYSTYX View Post
I'm calling bullshit. I don't care what pressures you're running, there's no way in hell you're getting 10k on regular sportbike tires.
I posted the pic of my original Bridgestone BT015 rear tire at 9,198 miles earlier this year in another thread. As I said, it still had plenty of treadwear left and I only had it changed at that point because I had the bike partially apart in my basement in the middle of the winter and it was a convenient time to do it.

My Bridgestone BT016s just went past 7,000 miles the other week and they still look great. I'll post a pic of the rear tire sometime next year after they hit the 10,000 mile mark. Stay tuned.
TedEbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Dude, I've been riding those tire pressures for over 20,000 miles. You're a fucking retarded moronic troll who doesn't know shit about shit. You shouldn't even own a cbr 1000, let alone any other bike and everyone who reads your posts knows it. You should do us all a favor and go join a different forum. Don't go away mad..... just go away.

yeah, I think you're getting your panties in a wad here. Be nice and let everyone have their say. unless you personally know the person you're bashing, keep it cordial, okay. The Admins have remedial penalties for this type of behavior....

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbafree View Post
nothing wrong with running the oem recommended pressures, on the street, you will get maximum tire wear. I turn 33/34 front 36/37 rear. track I run 30/30 when it's 100 out and 31/31 in 80 degree weather.
It all depends on the tire, DOt racing vs Street tires are all different. For example, Dunlop DOt's 211's are 30f, 21 cold or 23 warm r PSI. street tire depend son weight and temps. A light 140 lber is different than a two up rider. Generally 32f and 34-36 rear for single riders is sufficient, 36f and 42r for two up or heavier riders works for street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjdehya View Post
Site rules site rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbafree View Post
I have a riding buddy that weighs around that, and rides 31/31 street, all the time.

mess around a little and see what you like.
That's about generally right, depending on the temps and type of riding he does. Softer for more carcass flex to warm it up for hard riding in the canyons, higher PSI for commuting or two up riding, etc.
fuzzbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #24
Tadao Baba Fan

Funny sh!t. Everybody throwin out numbers like they're playing lotto. Tire pressure on any given bike has so many variables (rider weight, temp, riding conditions, tire compound etc.) that each rider has to learn to adjust themselves. Get out there and experiment and figure out what's best for you. You'll learn to feel it in your a$$. (ready for a juvenile a$$ remark) Ride safe.
oVTo, Minor Miss Steak and Mbeef61 like this.

If you can't run with the big dogs,
stay on the f@ckin' porch.
capt.america is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #25

Quote:

Well maybe he is a stand rider. I have offered to ride with him in the last thread with no response. I have never heard of people getting anything close to that mileage on a SPORT TIRE maybe a sport touring though.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #26

Start with what OEM is 42 Back and 36 Front.
PinkBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunslayer View Post
Well maybe he is a stand rider. I have offered to ride with him in the last thread with no response. I have never heard of people getting anything close to that mileage on a SPORT TIRE maybe a sport touring though.
I must have missed the invitation. If you want to go riding send me a PM but not until April after I get it back out of the basement.

Sport touring or sport tire, I now have close to 8,000 miles on my BT016s and they look like they're barely over half worn.
TedEbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #28

Quote:
I must have missed the invitation. If you want to go riding send me a PM but not until April after I get it back out of the basement.

Sport touring or sport tire, I now have close to 8,000 miles on my BT016s and they look like they're barely over half worn.
Its all good, I will not be pulling my bikes out of the basement as well until at least April. So how do you feel about the NC/TN mountains. The weekend of April 19 we a buddy of mine and myself will be heading down to Robinsville NC to hook up with around 15-20 other sportbike riders for our FIRST of the year Spring ride.

I just figure I have to meet somebody getting that kind of mileage and figure out what we are doing different.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #29

I'm about your weight and wear the battle axe tires. I got almost 8,000 miles out of my last set. I spew 38 psi in both tires.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jamin466 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #30

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunslayer View Post
Its all good, I will not be pulling my bikes out of the basement as well until at least April. So how do you feel about the NC/TN mountains. The weekend of April 19 we a buddy of mine and myself will be heading down to Robinsville NC to hook up with around 15-20 other sportbike riders for our FIRST of the year Spring ride.

I just figure I have to meet somebody getting that kind of mileage and figure out what we are doing different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin466 View Post
I'm about your weight and wear the battle axe tires. I got almost 8,000 miles out of my last set. I spew 38 psi in both tires.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Damn, the term is "Sport Tires" which are susually soft and gooey, made for high traction, short longevity. I don't know if the 016's are classified as a "Sport Tire" or a "Sport Touring Tire." And if anyone of you is getting that kind of mileage, then you're really not riding very hard or very far or you have some kind of magical rubber road you're on! I want some of that stuff! My rears get, at best, up to 4,000 on belts showing. But by then I've probably worn down the edges anyhow. You guys need to get out and ride harder or something...

fuzzbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement