Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

209 gpa on the street

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  MKP 
#1 ·
anyone used this tire for the streets? 209gpa 211gpa rear uk ntecs med/soft

#3 ·
If you're riding in parts of the country with high temperatures, such as where I live in the summer time, then maybe yeah. Otherwise no. You're wasting your money. These are race tires, and don't heat cycle like a street tire does. Also, a street tire doesn't need as much heat to work properly. You'll never get a race tire that hot on the street, but that's just me.

#15 ·
I agree. DOT race tires are still made to cycle heat that you won't get on the street. Sure, they're made to heat up quickly and you don't need tire warmers but there's still a degree of heat cycling they need and using them on the street is a waste of money. Get something like the Dunlop Q2's- the can do hard street riding or occasional track days (I actually tested them and raced with them and they worked great!). Plus you'll get more mileage from the Q2's (or BT016's, BT020's, etc) and won't pick up so many sharp objects like nails that a sticky DOt tires would get on the street. Plus the carcass is softer and your tire pressure will be inappropriate for the street. we run the 209/211 combos at the track at 30 f and 21 r but you'll never get the heat into the tires as they need. A waste of money you could be using on suspension goodies, etc. My $.02.

#8 ·
Department of transportation says they are good for the street lol.

#16 ·
My Pirelli DOT's work better than any "street" tire right up till they are completley bald...heat cycling is definetley not a problem for street use. Getting enough heat in them isn't an issue either(just take it easy for the first few minutes)...they work so good in fact, that I feel safer running DOT's on the street than any other tire and most of the people I ride with feel the same way. My wife actually refuses to ride on anything else simply because of the extra traction available in case it's needed. Yah it's a waste if your riding freeways or commuting to work on em, but if hitting the twisties is what your in too... then I'd highly recommend DOT's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.