Ordered my shinko advance radial front tire today - Page 4 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So how does it feel?

Having worked at a motorcycle dealership, I get all the brands at cost, and have used all the major brands. I decided to try the Shinko 009 Raven on my C-14, and the bike handles as well as when the Dunlop Roadsmarts were on it. the difference is about $100 less a set of tires. I now fitted the 005 Shinko on the rear of my Brutale, and I am taking the same corners at the same speeds as when the Dunlop Sportmax was fitted. I ride a particular mountain pass every week, know every nook and where to turn. The bike feels as good as before, and my wallet is heavier. So my opinion is for street they work well. The rear tire on my Brutale didn't even require any weights when checked on the spin balancer. There is no vibration on either bike. The rate I go through tires on my bikes the savings is substantial.
Here is a photo the Mrs took on a recent trip, looks the the Connie turns just fine:

Thank u for a positive review!!! Idk how it feels yet as i havent received it in the mail yet. It should be here tuesday and then ill let u know. Thanks again for the positive word.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
michael_cano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #32

I got the tire mounted today and it felt Solid on my 5 mile trip from the shop. It felt a lot stickier than my worn out other tire, more info to come once I actually do some real riding on it.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #33

i tried the ravens on my 954, they don't really last that long, i was disappointed, i have been using the road pilot 3s on my 09 1000, and they last me 6000 miles, and are very stable in the dry, but even better in the wet!
isocyanates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #34

So i've got about 60 miles on my new tire, and it feels great. I feel confident that it will uphold to my riding abilities/tendencies, which are from track, but with a moderate/fast pace on back country roads. I got it up to a good speed yesterday and no vibrating, I feel good about the purchase now. It has helped my turning radius as well in town.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Not even sure what to say. I've been going at this tire thing all wrong apparently.
Sure- I'm sure Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi use Shinkos so that means they have to be good, right??

Any tread pattern that looks cool must be the best of all tires, even if they're the cheapest tire made.

I want to put them on my 1000 race bike and see how I do the next race. I'm sure to win...

fuzzbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #36

Talk about a bump from the dead...... I'm still riding on that shinko too!! I've taken twisties, gone fast, and nothing has happened yet. I don't go to the track, im not knee dragging, this tire is fine for ME. You must be a track star so go ahead and ride your tires and don't worry about mine.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #37

Wow! So you didnt asked advice in this thread, you gave advice.thanks

Gone, but not forgotten,
2008 Honda CBR1000RR
GligorovDimce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #38

I had a pair of shinkos for my first set of tires. They were the raven 009 though. The one you have does look sportier. Mine were a harder compound and lasted quite a while so it was good tread for the money. Some other people on your thread may be giving you crap because these tires don't have the reputation of being a soft sticky tire for getting a maximum lean angle and grip... But, it looks like they haven't even tried them yet, otherwise they would have given you done constructive feed back. You'll have to let everyone know how they are.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Jamin466 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #39

All the research does nothing it's all up to rider preference, the way you ride, what your riding and pretty much where your riding. I know people who prefer shinkos me myself I use diablos, went through 3 rear & 1 front in 2012 on my 07 1000rr.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
ib0354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib0354 View Post
All the research does nothing it's all up to rider preference, the way you ride, what your riding and pretty much where your riding. I know people who prefer shinkos me myself I use diablos, went through 3 rear & 1 front in 2012 on my 07 1000rr.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
it seems like people were just trying to give good advice as most cheap tyres are cheap for a reason, personally i think its better to go with a good sticky tyre no matter how experienced a rider u are and what riding style you have, even if its a bit more expensive cause there not as expensive as fairings or hospital bills when the cheaper option lets go ... and big manufactures like pirelli and michelin etc spend millions on research to make the best tyre out there, but each to there own i guess
micstarr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement