Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Bridgestone R10

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  trey08rr 
#1 ·
Anybody know where to get them? I got two sets at a track day from the on site tire guy, but was looking to order a few more sets to have put away for next season and can't seem to find them anywhere. I go through a rear every weekend I go to the track (I should probably lighten up on the throttle, but what fun is that), and my current set only has about half a day left in them.

I absolutely love them btw. I was dragging my pegs on my second session with them (without the slightest loss of traction), and I dropped 3 seconds off of my previous lap times on on a set of PP 2ct.

#5 ·
Whoa...apparently these tires are the shiznit...

http://www.trackaddix.com/R10.pdf

i want a set...although i dont track, just ride twisties hard....wonder how long they last..

#6 ·
Could just be me but comparing the R10's to the dunlop D211's (on the track)- bridgestones felt softer/flexed more, turned in quicker, could feel them bite and drive more. Dunlops offered very slightly less feel/grip but I was getting more life out of them vs the stones. I have never tried the Ntec's or the latest version of the US D211's but hear they are both improvements over the standard previous generation 211's. I'm a slower pace advance group rider at trackdays, tire grip is not the limiting factor of my equation. Plan is to go back to dunlops next year.

I think either would be overkill for the street but whatever floats your boat. Be sure to let them warm up.

#7 ·
I could probably get the hook up for ya. PM what you're looking for and whatever else may be relevant.

I've ridden both the GP-211's and the R10's. R10 is the winner in my book. Much more confidence inspiring and awesome grip. I'm opposite of bme on how each of them turned it, I felt the dunlops fell over quicker, probably due to the higher profile of the tire, but the stones felt more grounded in holding corners and exiting. I always felt I had to stand the bike up so much more on the Lops before I could get on the gas.

#10 ·
Just picked up a set of r10 take offs to see how they do. now just need winter to be over.

#11 ·
You'll enjoy them if you wait until hot temperatures to use those take offs. I bought a set installed for $125 that had 2 track days from a medium pace guy and they lasted couple weeks in the street in July. They are a waste for spring when it's cold out!

#12 ·
Ran the R10's for the first time last weekend for two practice days and three races. Used a medium front for the weekend and switch from a medium rear to a hard rear for two races. Tires worked great. Obviously not as much traction as the slick stones I took off, but they did really well, wore great, had decent life, and were very predictable when they would start breaking traction. Front had zero issues and felt great even pushing through corners. Temps were low to mid 70's. Ended up running 32psi on the warmers front and rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.