Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Got hit at the track

14K views 163 replies 42 participants last post by  Shraar12 
#1 ·
So I was out with my '08 GSXR600 on Sunday at Willow Springs enjoying the track day out. I was at the Apex of T1 with my knee down at the curb when a moron riding over his head crashes right into my tail.

Miraculously I kept the bike upright and did not crash (still have no idea how I did that but I am not complaining LOL!) The other bike, an R1, highsided, oiled up the track pretty good and the guy got banged up a little.

I was so incredibly pissed off at the guy for what he did! He did not even come to apologize to me. I went to his pit later and tried to talk to him just to tell him that what he did was reckless and he needs to be careful with traffic in front of him and not attempt to execute an inside pass in group B without 4ft distance since it's against the rules. The guy was a Latino and did not speak very good English but I did understand when he essentially told me that it was not his fault, it's the nature of the track and to go F myself :th_down: What a Fing scumbag...geezus. He fucks up my bike due to his moronic action and then has this attitude. Wow! It's a good thing I didn't just kick his ass right there, I was very close to doing that...well, he was in a "gang" of around 10 people.

so now my pretty bike has a broken left side tail section and the chain seems tighter so the wheel may have been knocked out of alignment a bit, hopefully nothing else damaged. Will probably cost me a couple hundred bucks to fix due to this b*st*rd. Time to hit up eBay.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
In a way he is right . Its the track and shit happens . No matter how stupid the guy that did it was its the track and no better place to have it happen. Its more fault of the CR to notice the guy is out of his element .

I had a guys bike stall right in front of me because his flue pump was messing up all day long . He should have never been on the track with a bike not running . It caused me to hit his rear tire and flip me 10ft in the air and get a nice $30000 copper ride . Its the track though shit happens.

#4 ·
In a way he is right . Its the track and shit happens .
There are incidents that are out of anyone's control, that is understandable...it is the risk that we take when we go to the track. But just because it's a track does not mean there aren't rules otherwise it would just be chaos and a risk that nobody would be willing to take.

What this guy did was a violation and disregard of all the safety rules of the track. I was in Group B. Inside passing was not even allowed in this group. (Ref: http://motoyard.com/register/#!/~/product/category=661513&id=30927173 Group B - designed for experienced track riders. The pace is fast, safe passing is allowed on the outside with 6 feet distance between riders.)

What he did was something deliberate to cause an accident which should never be tolerated. It is important to distinguish between an accidental action and a reckless action.

Reckless riding has no place on the track..period! I know that the majority of the riders out there understand the rules and play by them.

If people like this with bad attitudes show up they increase the risk for everyone, as I said it's a risky sport as it is, we try to mitigate and reduce risk as much as possible by having safety protocols that everyone follows, the last thing we need is some bonehead making it even riskier for everyone else just to feed his own demented ego.

And if you made a F*cked up bonehead move then the least you can do it go to the other guy's pit and apologize...it will be appreciated. Anyone who does not apologize when at fault and rather tell the other rider to F off is a douchebag a-hole by definition.

#3 ·
Glad you're ok. People like that shouldn't be allowed on the track...especially if they dont speak English well. And because he doesn't speak English well, There's a high chance he doesnt understand it well enough either.

#6 ·
I just came back from a trip to Spain. An American friend of mine wanted to do a trackday in motorland real bad. So I took him there, translated the basic rules from the riders meeting for him and he went out on his own for a full day. He does not speak a word of Spanish but he is still a good rider with plenty of common sense. That is just an example of a perfect day of riding without speaking the local language. I don't see the relationship between English proficiency and common sense.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
drbyers, it may be a racetrack but there are passing rules and safety protocols. Do you not pay attention during the riders meeting? Or perhaps you are one of those guys who thinks they are way too good so why listen to those rules right?

There are accidents beyond one's control and then there are incidents caused by disregard of safety rules and reckless riding. They are not one and the same as you seem to think.

Dude, I have been riding on the track for over a decade, I used to race in the past and have been fast enough to even to qualify on an AMA grid...so seriously F off man! I don't need lessons on track protocols from you... seriously take your attitude and shove it up your you know what!!! LOL! Do you really think I just got on the track and do not know the difference between a reckless squid on the track and a legit accident? was just trying to vent a little about my incident here and don't need to listen to your stupid sermons.. seriously just F off!

#12 ·
Out of curiosity...what where you doing on B group (prob the most dangerous group) when you have AMA level riding skills?.

That was in the past as I said, I quit riding in 2007 and got back into riding in 2012. The absence means I am extremely rusty, i'm a pretty cautious guy... I started off in Group C initially and have done around 9-10 track days now and moved up to Group B. I'm also older now so don't want to take that kind of risk riding at that extreme level.

#15 ·
The "safety" rules try to protect riders and their bikes from Rossi wannabes with questionable skills. Sounds like this ahole's understanding of said rules was "no es bueno". What a dick. Probably showing off for his crew. Have seen too many injuries from these kind of punks. GL with fixing your bike it doesn't look too bad. At least you weren't hurt.

#26 ·
^^^^^ I totally agree. To me, OP lost his credibility when he started with the racial bullshit about
Latino and being with a gang and not knowing English. No need for all that....just starts bringing out all the undercover klansmen on here talking about learn English with their twisted immigration opinions.
Flags are pretty universal....so is riding. You ever listen to the best riders on the planet give an interview? Spanish,Italian,Japanese,Czech,etc.
Could've told your story without your views on Latinos...and without the part about walking away before you got a Spanish lesson!..lol....just saying.
That's one thing keeping me from doing a track day here, until I get another bike....don't want to get taken out by another rider-no matter what language he/she speaks...

#27 ·
The english of those motogp guys is not so clear at times but jeez, they can ride.
As for the track day incident, the result could've been much worse. A bit of courtesy wouldn't have gone astray, on the track and/or afterwards.

I've never raced but have done a number of track days. My observations are that fast doesn't mean safe, and some guys shouldn't be allowed out coz they couldn't ride out of sight on a dark night.

#35 ·
Not sure if you're just being sarcastic, but by the time a rider makes it to MotoGP he fully understands the rules of racing. Any illiterate dumbass with money and a bike can participate in a track day or group ride.

There have been incidents in Houston where riders that showed up to a group ride, and unbeknownst to the ride leader, didn't understand English or what was talked about during the riders meeting. It can be a safety issue.

#34 ·
that sucks.. glad everyones ok though.

#39 ·
I have yet to ride with a track day vendor that doesn't reinforce the fact that it is the responsibility of the passing rider to make safe passes within the rules of the group they're riding in. One of the vendors I've ridden with makes a point to say that it doesn't matter if the rider in front of you is sweeping back and forth across the track, it's still the responsibility of the passing rider to make a safe pass. So I don't blame the OP for being pissed.

Reactions: unirr
#42 ·
So what happened to the guy that rear ended you? did the track organizers talk to both of you and decide it's just an accident?

I haven't been to a trackday where something like this has happened, someone actually running into someone else.

#43 ·
I haven't been to a trackday where something like this has happened, someone actually running into someone else.
A month or so ago an instructor lost his foot when he was hit by another rider on the front straight at Texas World Speedway. The instructor's bike was having a mechanical issue near the end of the straight. He held up his hand to signal a problem, but the other rider still crashed into him at very high speed.

#59 ·
there's a lot of blah blah its a track shit happens talk. I guarantee most of the ones saying this are the people that ride over their heads and do the cutting off. This isn't a race, it's a track day. Ya incidents happen but this was preventable. If anything I would be more concerned who is running the track day than who goes to it. Lax attitudes from organizers tend to attract the street riding heros.
When all else fails, kick the douches bike off the stand. especially if his bike fared better than yours. lol

yay first post.

#67 · (Edited)
@skeletor.....No.... You're coming across like most racists. Nice way to try to cover it up with some "take it out of context" bullshit. It is what it is. Dude shoudldve told his little fender bender story minus the Latino, gang bullshit...period. Then all the "Americans" (most of your people come from VERY far away from America) just jump on the bandwagon.
I know some racist dudes that tell minorities to their face what they feel. I have more respect for them because at least they're not pussy and disingenuous like the cowards on here.
Keep your racism for the KKK or ******* forums, this place is about bikes.

#70 ·
Ya, how dare you fuckers be white and have an opinion.

You aholes whining about racism in here are what is wrong with this country today. Pretty much guarantee you voted for the race baiting, class warfare junkie in the Oval Office because he is black too. Who does that make a racist?

You can't call me racist because I'm Norwegian American. My best friend is philippino. He hates white people.

#68 ·
How did we get from a crash to hammering someone for his point of view. Fly, Rav, despite what you think of people's comments, the great thing about this country is people have the right to believe what they choose to believe or take certain socially abnormal stances on various issues. Whatever the case, he has the right to have whatever opinion he wants.

If it offends you guys, ignore it. You can't change someone's feeling on a topic, especially with the anonymity of the internet.

In the words of Jackie Moon - "Everybody Love Everybody"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.