Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

2015 liter bike showdown (kind of)

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  mikemounlio 
#1 ·
#6 ·
What bike would you buy if your interest was drag racing? They're light and strong and easily modified for the 1/4 mi.

Some of you guys may not be up on current events regarding brand reliability. At least one major motorcycle journal recently commented that Ducatis in their long term tests have been much more reliable than their Hondas.

I wonder why there wasn't a Honda in this test?

#7 ·
Wow thats new to me. I have heard so many horror stories from ducati owners that it is not even funny.

Gas tanks that get destroyed by the ethanol present in american gas (dont they have a regional manager?). Electrical problems, weak paint, bikes poorly assembled from factory/dealer....and lets not get to the 996/98 748 generation.

Their monsters seem to last though haha

#9 ·
I think that's definitely been true in the past and the reference I made was to the bikes they've been making for the last few years. If I was buying a new bike I personally would not be any more concerned with Ducati reliability or fit/finish than any other bike including Honda. There's no doubt though that Honda puts the best paint/finish on a bike of anyone.

#11 ·
although ducati has a shit track record of reliability and quality the new bikes are all similar quality but i see ducati doing much more cnc vs cast and attention to detail, seats, wire routing , tripple trees, exhaust, and suspension . ill admit those plastic tanks are weak and janky as fuck though. guess mentioning low down torque would be blasphamey lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.