Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

Best 600cc bike to track?

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  BigD123 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas. Just wanted to get some insightful opinions on what you think the best 600 class is to track. I'm currently thinking about getting a designated track bike and am stuck between newer models of the R6 or 600rr. Thanks

#3 ·
All of the 600cc bikes are more similar than they are different, at least in stock form. Once modded though, they start to come into their own. I think the only reason to track a CBR600rr is for its chassis. It gets walked by the rest of the paddock in power. In terms of modding, the CBR is pushed back. The rest of the paddock has it beat in terms of parts availability, variety, and price. They are both fantastic bikes, nothing wrong with either, and neither will let you down. But realistically, the Yammie R6 is the more competitive, superior platform in the hands of a competent pilot. The CBR might be the better choice for a more forgiving track bike, tailored to beginner/intermediate riders, but it comes down to your taste.

#6 ·
The R6 is a better, faster bike. Wins the competitions, has the most spare parts available. That said, it is not a friendly bike - and it needs to be ridden very aggressively. If you are in the beginner/intermediate range and are an occasional track rider - the 600rr is a better choice. Less aggressive, and obviously still an amazing bike.

#8 ·
The R6 is def more twitchy and harder to ride. But at a more advanced level, it is a better motorcycle (in our realm of club competition, I'm not talking about built engines, etc).

#12 ·
I used to have a 05 600RR and a now a 09 R6. Different generations but I can still offer some insight.
The CBR is very stable and very easy to ride. Typical Honda, smooth without any dramas.
The R6 on the other hand is much more exciting. The engine is loud and it screams.
My CBR with a leo vince slip on is quieter than stock exhaust R6.
The R6 is also very agile, it dives into corners. Overall I prefer it more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.