Hardest track technique to master? : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #1

Hardest track technique to master?

What do you guys feel is the hardest track technique to master? Throttle Control, Body Position, Braking and Downshifting, Reference Points, Passing etc? Why do you think that technique is hard for you and how do you go about trying to improve?

Misti

"Leap and the net will appear!"
misti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
ImFastRR

An aggressive line through a double apex =(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strand View Post
I was in no mood to be harassed on the road and screamed at by some nappy corn rowed bitch with 4" long fingernails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Buttaz
We then get hand jobs and Peter parker her face down. We're being jerked off. This is a realistic scenario. It will work.

(828)287-2101
BigMattyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
Lifetime Premium

Slowing down to go faster. I have the first part down solid.
ProMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Trackday junkie

vision
Dudutzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Lifetime Premium

Consistent lines. Hard to master because I am not getting enough time at the track. I like on board recording the sessions and review later. I'm not horrible but for me the videos show where improvements can be made. They also show where I am off the line. Watching videos of the faster riders helps a lot too. And the videos also give me something to get through the winter.
LTSrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #6

My probs are as follows -

Passing - I have a serious problem passing without having a big speed advantage, I've gotten stuffed a couple times going on the outside and had a few near collisions on the inside.

Breaking - Consistently hitting the brake markers, I try to use two, one at the beginning and at the end when I should be at max breaking, if I hit the first one late, I might have to brake a lot harder and blow the line. Trail braking I tend to use the rears more than I should on wide sweepers, sometimes it works out good, but most of the time it just makes it harder to hold the line.

Keeping the form - I have a huge problem remembering to get into a full tuck in the straights, keeping my elbows in, and keeping my outside arm on the tank on leans, also keeping toes in in really tight curves.

For a beginner track rider, if I was to pick one single thing to work on it would be braking, that is the single most important track skill to improve lap times. I would especially work on trail braking, doing it well is something that helps more than anything.

I try and work on a single thing at a time, I have my wife take pics\vids to work on the form issues, passing I am trying to work on making quick moves instead of trying to take too long to pass, I tend to chase it too long, need to abandon it sooner if I don't pass quickly. Braking, just try to do it consistently, moving my brake markers up when I can and taking late day tires into account.
SteveF101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #7

Biggest problem for me is hitting the plateau in lap times. Knowing that I can shave time because Pro's are turning better times.
thehaloera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #8

1. Turn speed
2. Using my brakes to much
Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #9

I'd have to say picking up reference points on a track. I typically take the first 3 seesions of the day to pick up braking markers and turn in points.
Bifferone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
Throbbing Member

are you a techer at CSS?
Keith Code is my hero!
Titus1000RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement