Auctmarts Fairing Review 08 1000rr : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #1

Auctmarts Fairing Review 08 1000rr

I ordered my fairings in May 26th and described to them exactly how I wanted the fairings to look. I took the easy route and used Microsoft Paint to illustrate the changes I was wanting. Obviously since i made changes the bodywork was going to take additional time and I understood that.

Communication- 10/10
A+ communication with these guys hands down, especially considering the language barrier and time difference. There were at least 50 emails back and forth between us, myself requesting additional changes and Auct keeping me updated on progress. I have got to say I was extremely impressed with the communication!

Price- 10/10
Considering all my requests and I am a pain in the ass and want everything custom the price can not be argued with at all. $600 for high quality bodywork, I have zero complaints.

Paint- 9/10
Absolutely perfect, I went over them with a fluorescent wand trying to find a imperfection somewhere. Nothing at all! No runs, lint, dust, bugs, nothing but perfectly smooth paint. Decals are also high quality. Reduced score just to make everyone happy, the back of the nose fairing was not painted black.

Customer Service- 10/10
A+. I really have nothing else to say here other than a little kindness and understanding goes a long way. Especially when they are building the bodywork to order. I think if you are an asshole to these guys and are rushing them the end result will be a product that is not as good as it could be.

Fitment- 10/10
Absolutely NO issues with fitment. Everything went together like oem. I did not have to modify ANYTHING to get them on.

Shipping- 10/10
Shipping is slow, there is just no getting around that. And it is really out of Auctmarts hands. Especially when you consider the total cost of product so still I give it a 10. Took 4 weeks to get to my doorstep after my first email to Auct.

Packaging- 10/10
Excellent packaging, plenty of the fluffy shit and everything arrived in one piece and in perfect condition.

Suggestions- They should paint the back of the nose fairing. But it is not a huge deal to me. Also to all of the people that complain about melting, they are all full of shit and did not take the proper steps from the beginning to prevent the problem. I used high quality DEI shielding and lined the entire belly fairing and side fairings(just to be safe). I rode the shit out of it for several hours at very high rpms it is not going to melt.

MODS: HRC Intake Stacks, HRC Cams, HRC Head Gasket, Yoshimura R-77 Titanium Full Exhaust, Power Commander III, Bazzaz Z-Bomb, Spiegler Brake Lines, Flapper mod, Smog Blockoffs, Woodcraft Clipons, Woodcraft Frame Sliders, Woodcraft Spools, Woodcraft Stator Cover and Case Saver, Taylormade Undertail, Custom Hidden LED Signals, Gilles as31gt Rearsets, Sato Race Hooks, most importantly Suspenion Setup, and Custom Dyno Tune.

Last edited by twilson; 09-03-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Wrong pictures
twilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #2

I like it!

Sent from my M886 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 09-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #3

10's across the board for an aftermarket fairing kit? Unheard of heh.

Looks good btw.
-Leo Vince SBK Oval EVOII Carbon #7949
-Bazzaz Z-Bomb -PC-V -K&N air filter
-ECV/servo motor delete & pdfruth's ESRM
-Flapper Delete (click ME for "how to" pics!)
-Volt HID H7 bulbs -Clear Stompgrips
-HRC solo rear cowl -HRC carbon fiber tank pad
-Honda Energy Seat -Yoshimura FE

-'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC-51
-'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold)
COBRA90GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #4

Just so you know this is an unbiased review the high res pictures tell all except for the water drops cause I just washed it. And thank you I am very pleased with the end result!
MODS: HRC Intake Stacks, HRC Cams, HRC Head Gasket, Yoshimura R-77 Titanium Full Exhaust, Power Commander III, Bazzaz Z-Bomb, Spiegler Brake Lines, Flapper mod, Smog Blockoffs, Woodcraft Clipons, Woodcraft Frame Sliders, Woodcraft Spools, Woodcraft Stator Cover and Case Saver, Taylormade Undertail, Custom Hidden LED Signals, Gilles as31gt Rearsets, Sato Race Hooks, most importantly Suspenion Setup, and Custom Dyno Tune.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #5

10 out of 10, no way! Thatz da Shiznit! ...

The countdown begins until meltdown ensues.

Takes a couple of hot days.

Carry On Gents.
01010101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #6

Umm its been several weeks and I live in Oklahoma 100+ degrees. Its not going to melt

Last edited by twilson; 09-02-2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: word
Old 09-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #7

You work for them?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #8

Dude I live in the country in Oklahoma! Hell no I don't work for them, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get fucked!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilson View Post
Dude I live in the country in Oklahoma! Hell no I don't work for them, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get fucked!
You are lucky then cuz I got fucked real hard with no lube from them when I bought fairings for my 07 cbr 600. Not one fairing even came close to fitting.
sovain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #10

I have their fairings too. Ahen i got.their first.run baack in 08 they looked good but the lower melted and paint cracked, i had to drill holes amd fitment was ok, i got 4 yrs out of them. So i think i got my moneys worth.. I get their new set
And fitment was dead on, paint looks way better, no melting at all, amd had at track days in hot weather, no melti.g. In my opinion, they are worth the money and they have fixed their old issues.
From my phone yall

Ex-GF's: '86 Ninja 250, '89 Ninja 1000, '84 Interceptor 500, '01 Erion 929
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement