Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

08 Fireblade Build YG27

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Hernz 
#1 ·
Just some of the work I've done to the 1K. Not sure if I'm going to continue working on it or leave it as is or turn it into a track bike when the 2017 models come out, or if decide to grab an R1.

Not all the parts are in these pictures unfortunately.
But I'm being lazy about posting the full build, so the biggest thing not posted here is the Full Yoshi R-77

See less See more
#2 ·

#6 ·
Thanks, I'm really stuck on wanting to continue on this bike and get the ohlins suspension, cmc rotors, magnesium wheels, or leave it as is as a street bike, since there are going to be better bikes out there for track duty with waaaay more power.

#4 ·
Me too! Those lighttech rearsets are on my wishlist too!

Is that carbon fairing made by bestem? If so wondering if you've had any yellowing because mine has already started and I've only had it for a little while.

#5 ·
I don't recall the manufacture, but it's been on for a good while, no yellowing. Even if it did though I could just respray the clear after a nice sand job.

#9 ·
Yeah my 600RR used to have an Ohlin's and that thing was dope. Wish they made 1 for the 1000RR, but you're limited to Scotts and GPR. The bike has excellent handling but if I were to ride a 2015 R1 I know I'd lay down better lap times, contrary to how it's been doing in WSBK. But those CBRs have way more done to them including electronics. Some work done and a tune can get to easy over 172 on the R1 and the electronics package..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.