My 2008/9/10 build bike - Page 3 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #21
Locked and Loaded

Dude bro man, this is AWESOME.

If I had a picture of me like that I would frame it and wear it around my neck.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
Ninja Engineer

Haha, thanks.

You should see the really fast guys then - they air like crazy a little further to the left in the picture. It's a little odd jump and then a really really tight 180 right turn. You can see the blue R1 starting to turn in.

Let me see if I can find a picture of someone airing for real....
2008 CBR1000RR. Devil Exh*Gilles rearset*Brembo Calibers + Brakemaster*OZ wheels dry/wet*HRC Harness+ECU*Bazzaz FI/QS/TC*Cams*Head work etc*Titanimum all over*K-tec 20DDS/35DDS. 600cc weight! Track Bike
2006 CBR1000RR
PCIIIUSB, Full Titanium Akrapovic , K&N, Dynojet quickshift, Ram air, db Puig screen, Gilles rearset, Pazzo shorty levers, Galespeed Type-R, Michelin Pilot 2CT/ GP Racer, Matris Catridge kit front, Matris fully adj. rear etc etc etc **SOLD
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #23
Ninja Engineer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scooter...7631275362988/

Shitty picture, but one of the faster riders in Europe, Alex Schact on his 600cc. You get the point - much more air can be achieved
2008 CBR1000RR. Devil Exh*Gilles rearset*Brembo Calibers + Brakemaster*OZ wheels dry/wet*HRC Harness+ECU*Bazzaz FI/QS/TC*Cams*Head work etc*Titanimum all over*K-tec 20DDS/35DDS. 600cc weight! Track Bike
2006 CBR1000RR
PCIIIUSB, Full Titanium Akrapovic , K&N, Dynojet quickshift, Ram air, db Puig screen, Gilles rearset, Pazzo shorty levers, Galespeed Type-R, Michelin Pilot 2CT/ GP Racer, Matris Catridge kit front, Matris fully adj. rear etc etc etc **SOLD
Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #24

I like this thread.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #25
Ninja Engineer

Made the bracket for the lap timer today.
Still needs to be eloxated and made 'neat', but the shape is there - you get the idea!

Just made it out of 2mm Aluminum plate. Weighs 41gr. Will order Titanium bolts for the mounting, so the total weight of bracket, velcro and bolts should be roughly 100gr I hope.

2006 CBR1000RR
Old 01-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #26
Ninja Engineer

So, didn't get a lot done this weekend. Only had 5ish hours to work on the bike, and the exhaust was really a PITA to fix.

But it was all good in the end though.

Had a damaged exhaust from the previous owner with the end of it intact.

Proceeded to drill the rivets out of the two 'layers'.
What is left of the old exhaust:

Two end pieces:

'Reinforced' the CF by adding a 1 inch strip of appr 2mm thick Aluminium plate on the inside of the exhaust and rivetted it to the CF can.

Stamped holes with a hand held stamping tool not much different from what you use for belts on the entire circumference of the can - through both alu and CF. Then rivett.

Fitted the titanium end on to the can, over the small rivetts, which was doable, and then I ruined my rivetting tool before getting the job 100% done, so the finished job will have to wait a week or two

My memory had let me down during fabrication of the Lap Timer bracket. Need to make a new one since I drilled .1inch too far apart. Can't stand the thought of not doing it 100% correctly.
It should sit right here, but will make an additional bracket that lowers the LT mounting surface an inch or two:

Will post a little more when I start taking the suspension off and when I paint the fairings. I'm ordering the last odd bits and bobs tomorrow I think.....

Until later.....
2006 CBR1000RR
Old 01-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #27

Hey Dela, you might want to check out this http://cbr-tuningshop.de/index.php?c...3_78_81&page=2 for the starlane holders. They make one for standard and one for HRC wiring (no key) they are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
MTBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #28

The 2012 cluster has a built in lap timer. Maybe do a conversion?

Brutus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 AM   #29
Ninja Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBR View Post
Hey Dela, you might want to check out this http://cbr-tuningshop.de/index.php?c...3_78_81&page=2 for the starlane holders. They make one for standard and one for HRC wiring (no key) they are great.

Hey, thanks for the heads up. It was my plan to order one from them, but a few things are conflicting.
1. The holes they use for mounting one of the brackets are grinded off on my bike.
2. It's expensive relative to what it is.
3. I don't want to mount anything on the headtube (??). If that bolt comes off during racing you are f.u.c.k.e.d.....
4. I don't have the small mounting bracket from Starlane required to mount the LT in the hole of the bracket from cbr-tuning.

I have access to the machines I need to copy their mount or make my own at work, so I'll just fabricate my own and save the money on ordering something that I need to modify regardsless.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus82 View Post
The 2012 cluster has a built in lap timer. Maybe do a conversion?

I briefly looked at it, but I have the HRC cluster now and raised rev.limit, so using something else than a programable cluster or the HRC would be futile....
2006 CBR1000RR

Last edited by Dela; 01-14-2013 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Quote mistake
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #30
Ninja Engineer

Guys,

There’s no update until the end of next weekend.
I’ve ordered color coded Titanium bolts for a few places missing a bolt, back up aluminum bolts for the Generator cover and new foot pegs.
Race spec titanium bolts for the LT bracket so I can lockwire them down.
There’s a new Brembo flip up lever in the mail somewhere and a new Motoholders front fairing stay on the way.

Found a guy in Germany breaking his TenKate race bike, so bought two fairing stays from him and already sold the extra one off.
Got the new Brembo lever as partial payment…..

I’m aiming at suspension f/r- and swingarm removal next week and perhaps getting the exhaust finished 100%.

Decided to install R&G frame sliders as well, so need to modify the fairings as well sometime soon. Have them in stock at home already…..
Just need to NOT crash and hit a curb then

I’m not sure anything but the fairing stays will reach my mailbox before next weekend, so install is just sometime down the road…..

I’ll update the thread again soon!
2006 CBR1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement