Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTB: '06-'07 Rear Shock and Linkage

856 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Rotten 
#1 ·
So, I've been very entertained in adjusting my stock suspension parts on my '05, but I'm now looking to dial it in more. I'd rather make small incremental steps rather than large lump sums, so I'm looking to upgrade the rear linkage to that of the '06-'07 to adjust the geometry and use the matching rear spring / shock with the smaller spring rate (11.5 kg / mm versus 12 kg / mm, I believe). I know these things can be had all over ebay for cheap, but I figured I'd start here first and see if any body has one in good condition that they'd like to off load. I may be off line for a little bit, but drop me a line if you've got the set, or if you've got any anecdotes concerning the switch. I'm all ears...

Also, the bike just does spirited street duty right now with an eventual update to a 190 / 55 rear tire. Grazie!

#3 ·
Rotten - Egg-cellent! What's the condition? Great? Good? Decent? On its last legs? I did find quite a few of them on eBay (shock, linkage, and shock with linkage) of what appear to be acceptable quality. I just figured I'd try here first. If I go the eBay route, I'd prefer to get it as a complete set: a la

06 07 Honda CBR1000RR CBR 1000 1000RR Rear Shock Linkage Links Back 8073 | eBay

Does any body have a spare '06-'07 linkage lying around? eBay's got the linkages as well (with awesome-ly high shipping for said part). Also, is it true that the correct linkage has the "MELG" stamped in to it where as those that do not, are not correct? As I said before, I'd like to keep purchases "in forum" but will resort to eBay if necessary. Thanks again.

#5 ·
The 06 shock I have I ran for a bout a month and switched back 04 shock with the 06/7 linkage . I bought it from someone on this board so and I cant recall any of that history .

IF I were you - I would Send out you stock 05 shock to be rebuilt and revalved by racetech, lindemen engineering / other reputable shops or Call up SBS and get new ohlins unit .

The biggest Diffrence between the 04/5 linkage and 06/7 is the 6/7 will keep the front down easier and allow you get the gas a tiny bit sooner .

#6 ·
Rotten - I'll keep that in mind. With how cheap the parts are at this time, I think this qualifies as an "upgrade" that I can feel out, dial in as much as possible, and if I want finer adjustments I'll make the switch to an after market item set up specifically for me. The last thing I want to do is throw money at suspension and never come close to using it to its potential. I'll look in to rebuilding and valving the shock. Grazie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.