Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

DIA motorsports

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Red1k 
#1 ·
Thought I'd start with posting about this ordeal. When I went down I had my bike taken to a shop called DIA MOTORSPORTS run by a guy name Miles Miyashiro. I was layed up in the hospital but I sent a check for 4 grand and said no immediate hurry as I'll be down for a few months. Fast forward a few months and nothing is done. I said ok. I said no hurry but now I'm ready to ride so let's get going. Fast forward again about 6 months and the bike is still not done. Another promise and I wait. Over year after I drop the bike and cash, I went back unannounced and find my bike in a corner in a half ass state of being worked on. Anyways I took this fool to court, won and got some cash back minus the cheap china parts that he bought. Needless to say I got my baby the hell out of there. It's coming together now but had to still buy new plastics. Just a word of warning about Miles and DIA Motorsports. This guy doesn't keep his word and money disappears in his hands.

#6 ·
Sounds like top notch motorsports.
Aka bottom notch lol!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#7 ·
Just want to put a new heads up out on Miles Miyashiro so nobody gets ripped off by this jack azz like I did. He went out of business finally but i heard he's a mechanic now at a shop called Motorcycle Michael. He's a shtty mechanic so heads up.

#8 ·
wow. i personally dont trust any mechanic to do a better job than myself since its my property plus i take every new job as a learning experience that puts better in tune with my bike truck whatever. glad it worked out , after a year haha. seriously though im glad you made him pay

#9 ·
I had a family member that was shitty in that way. He ran a motorcycle shop in our small town. Didn't take word long to get around. He would take payment or partial payment and then not do any work. He got knocked out eventually by a pissed customer, as well as went out of business.

#10 ·
This is a huge problem in NYC. It's true...literally anyone can rent out a spot and work on your bike if you let them. I was involved with a friend's shop and I've seen and heard absolute horror stories. From tune ups where plugs were never even touched, to chains popping off, etc. Know who you're taking your bike to if you can't do it yourself. And don't let a Honda or Yamaha word in the sign/name fool you...unless it's a true authorized spot, and even then find out how it's rated and make sure they have a great reputation.
Glad you got your money back and got your bike outta there. Lesson learned and thanks for the heads up.

#11 ·
Why would you pay upfront? No guarantee they will ever work on it, no guarantee they do a good job... and no guarantee you'll see your money back if they decide to get out of business, or if they go broke. In the last case your bike is part of their inventory and will be sold to cover the depths.

I'd never ever pay upfront. First let them fix my bike and (worst case scenario) if I can't pay them, they can eventually sell my bike. Not the other way around though!

#13 ·
Thanks for all the replies to this post. I thought this guy would go out of business and disappear, and he did. But like cancer or a bad fungus, he has come back. So I want to warn my fellow 1000 owners and all riders in the LA area that Miles Miyashiro is now at a new shop called 808 Performance Motorcycles in Gardena. You can read my original post below to see what I went through with this jerk so I won't rehash that ordeal. Just know that he's a liar to his honest paying customers and cannot be trusted. And I want to make sure that nobody has to find out the hard way that this guy can not be trusted.

#15 ·
808 Performance Motorcycles and Miles Miyashiro

I agree, but at the time right after my crash, I was laid up and really in no hurry. My bike getting put off for over a year sucked but it was getting ripped off that really hurt. My main purpose is to keep people aware of this liar and to avoid doing business with him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.