No start when hot, start when cold - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 1 Old 07-11-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
ccrider

No start when hot, start when cold

I had a problem before with bike not starting when hot couple years ago. 13 cbr 1000. PC5 installed. No other mods (that would/could make a difference). Runs great. I found that the battery cables were on there good, but I could turn them by hand. I had a battery tender harness installed on the battery for obvious reasons. The battery is I think the oem yuasa YTZ7s? So, i took the BT harness off retightened the battery cables and didnt have a problem again.....till the other day. Didnt start after going to a gas station and filling up. The bike was hot (around 210/215). It normally cools down though to around 180 when not sitting. Got it started after waiting a few minutes and took it home in garage and found the cables were on there tight , but i could move the cables again by hand! I even had the bt harness off and soldered it right to the top of the posts, and tightened the cables so much the posts bent on the battery. . I'm thinking this is a temperature (it was near 90) issue and when the metal heats up, it expands and loosens the cables? Is this possible? I have never heard that being an issue . I only ride the bike when it's hot so, i cant tell if it would do it in the colder temperatures. It always starts up no problem when cold. IDK how else to keep the cables tight though. I had dieectric grease on there before and took that off this time too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page