Dano's ECU Flash - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 Old 09-06-2016, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
thehun
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 48
Dano's ECU Flash

Does any one have any experience with Dano's ECU reflash?

Seems to be a much better option in my opinion than a PC...I much prefer to run factory ECU controls over a secondary setup.

I won't be running a QS, I am an analog guy.

My bike wouldn't change once I get the pipes and air filter setup.


Thanks.

2008 CBR1000RR
thehun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 65 Old 09-06-2016, 11:52 AM
butch1000
master bone breaker
 
butch1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: portland or.
Posts: 70
Garage
The only way to change idle speed.
butch1000 is offline  
post #3 of 65 Old 09-06-2016, 12:46 PM
rymichael
Member
 
rymichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 52
I did it, just got it back a few weeks ago and did Autobahn track day yesterday which was my first full day flogging it around since the flash. It just runs better in general, especially the pull coming out of the sharp right/left hand turns in 2nd gear where you don't have the lag in throttle response. I have a taylormade exhaust and stock air filter so he put in a custom map based on that. He said I would be at 95% which is perfectly fine with me....the other 5% coming from a dyno tune which I don't need to do. We upped the idle speed IN GEAR only to 1,800 which helps on the engine braking.
rymichael is offline  
 
post #4 of 65 Old 09-06-2016, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
thehun
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 48
Great to hear. I will be running more than likely a Leo EVO II with BCM Race Filter. How does increased idle speed to 1800 help with engine braking?

2008 CBR1000RR
thehun is offline  
post #5 of 65 Old 09-06-2016, 09:09 PM
coal miner frank
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 601
Basicly its like holding the throttle open a little bit while you're braking/slowing. Its an "in gear idle", not "in neutral idle". It also helps when getting back on the throttle while tracking the bike. Kind of eliminates the abrupt getting back on the throttle thing. Pretty handy while dragging a knee.
coal miner frank is offline  
post #6 of 65 Old 09-06-2016, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
thehun
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 48
Great. Thanks.

2008 CBR1000RR
thehun is offline  
post #7 of 65 Old 09-06-2016, 10:26 PM
rymichael
Member
 
rymichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 52
While you're going through the trouble of pulling everything apart to change the filter, look into adding a HealTech quickshifter. I added one of those a few months back and by far the coolest little add on and useful on the track like Road America with long straights. More than anything, just fun! Of all the parts I replaced out of boredom, brake lines, exhaust, the ECU flash, the quickshifter is the best at $320.
rymichael is offline  
post #8 of 65 Old 09-07-2016, 09:08 AM
neocryte
Senior Member
 
neocryte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 796
Think of a quickshifter as a second off your best laptime. A must for a track/race bike. There is a reason why it now comes stock on new bikes.

2008 CBR1000RR Superbike
2009 CBR1000RR Supersport
2014 CBR1000RR SP Supersport
2014 Honda Grom
neocryte is offline  
post #9 of 65 Old 09-07-2016, 10:13 AM
nytrozula
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 36
Garage
Can the quickshifter be used to downshift as well as upshift?
nytrozula is offline  
post #10 of 65 Old 09-07-2016, 11:20 AM
rymichael
Member
 
rymichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 52
I was told it cannot be used to downshift on our bikes since we don't have Fly By Wire- our bikes still use mechanical wire in the throttle to open the throttle/ injectors versus electronic controlled. Just not an option at the moment....
rymichael is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome