Flash Tune ECU for 2017+ CBR's - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 27 Old 04-04-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Iceyrider

Wink Flash Tune ECU for 2017+ CBR's

I am sharing my maps for my 2017 CBR1000RR with Akra headers, Graves slip on, Power Commander V autotune, and DNA filter on the Flash Tune ECU shared files manager under wrightawayace. I don't see much support for Hondas from Flash Tune so I figure we need to help each other out. If anyone has Flash Tune maps to share, please reply here with mods and the user name on the file manager. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 04-04-2019, 09:04 PM
Death CBR SP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyrider View Post
I am sharing my maps for my 2017 CBR1000RR with Akra headers, Graves slip on, Power Commander V autotune, and DNA filter on the Flash Tune ECU shared files manager under wrightawayace. I don't see much support for Hondas from Flash Tune so I figure we need to help each other out. If anyone has Flash Tune maps to share, please reply here with mods and the user name on the file manager. Thanks!
don't use FT -- looks like we are too late to advise you. FT does not have some key funtionality that Woolich does and the scaling on the defaults maps is plain wrong. FT knows this. It does not allow you to raise redline or set the fan temp for example.

For details, call Bauce Racing and ask for Anthony. Your ECU is no bricked from using anything else and it CANNOT be restored back to stock. If you are comfortable with what you have, you are in decent shape. But I know for a fact that you prob have code issues that you cannot resolve and FT has can bus issues with the electronic suspension.
post #3 of 27 Old 04-04-2019, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Iceyrider

Yep, I wish I bought the Woolich software, but I went FTECU because of the lower cost and I couldn't sample either without buying. I am starting this thread to support anybody in the same boat. There is only one other "unrestricted map" on the shared file manager and I want to increase that. I made custom maps based on combinations of the stock and unrestricted maps that seem to work pretty well, along with the PCV autotune to check afr's. I don't have electronic suspension, so that's not an issue.

post #4 of 27 Old 04-05-2019, 02:28 AM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

The actual unrestricted image on the FTECU database is crap.

Those ETV tables are all wrong. They offer no proper profile management of the power delivery.

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

SP2 Delivery Thread < - Delivery Thread

RC45's SP2 Trackday Bike Build Thread <- Build Thread

RC45's US vs UK ETV Tables Dyno <- Dyno Page

PAIR Mod HRC Style <- HRC PAIR Page

Myths & Mysteries of the SP2 ECU Thread <- ECU Thread
post #5 of 27 Old 04-05-2019, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Iceyrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
The actual unrestricted image on the FTECU database is crap.

Those ETV tables are all wrong. They offer no proper profile management of the power delivery.
I made custom maps to keep the progressive power delivery of the stock map (mellow enough for the coldest slickest days), but also allow full throttle at the top end. These are always improving as I collect rider (me) feed back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled34.jpg (203.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled345.jpg (204.6 KB, 10 views)
post #6 of 27 Old 04-06-2019, 04:05 PM
benya

Quote:
I made custom maps to keep the progressive power delivery of the stock map (mellow enough for the coldest slickest days), but also allow full throttle at the top end. These are always improving as I collect rider (me) feed back.
Check your PMs
post #7 of 27 Old 04-06-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Iceyrider

Here are my desired AFR's on the PCV Autotune.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCV.jpg (206.4 KB, 10 views)
post #8 of 27 Old 04-07-2019, 01:47 AM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Yep, I wish I bought the Woolich software, but I went FTECU because of the lower cost and I couldn't sample either without buying. I am starting this thread to support anybody in the same boat. There is only one other "unrestricted map" on the shared file manager and I want to increase that. I made custom maps based on combinations of the stock and unrestricted maps that seem to work pretty well, along with the PCV autotune to check afr's. I don't have electronic suspension, so that's not an issue.
I downloaded the FTECU software without buying and bought a single CBR1000RR Woolich key for $100 to try view the files in each vendors software.

Took all of 5 minutes to determine FTECU is crap.

The stock FTECU maps are not even correct. Last I checked no way to adjust rev limit and I don't ever recall there was a way to disable the front wheel speed sensor for dyno runs.

Makes one wonder how FT or any other tuner can claim to have dyno tuned a 2017+ CBR1000RR with FTECU.

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

post #9 of 27 Old 04-07-2019, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Iceyrider

I understand that the Flash Tune software is inferior to Woolich. I am making the best of what I have, and so far, I don't see a reason to spend $700 to switch to Woolich with wideband 02 sensor. I understand the maps are crap that someone basically copy and pasted over all the tables. I do most of my tuning based on real world riding and will only dyno the bike when I feel like it is well optimized. As far as dyno tuning goes, I think turning the traction control to 0 should be fine, although it will probably still pop a wheel speed sensor fault. Even if it can't be dynoed properly, the PCV autotune module has been proving effective for tuning afr's while riding. After the autotune has sample for a few hundred miles of riding, I put the trims into the ECU's fuel tables directly. The goal is to get the fuel tables close enough that the power commander will no longer be making adjustments except for atmosphere changes. The ignition timing is an entirely different challenge, but that's the fun. In short, yes the software and supplied maps are crap, but I am having fun fixing them and I just want to share my progress with anyone who might have the same problems so we can learn together. If anyone want to look at my map and suggest changes, I would appreciate constructive criticism.
post #10 of 27 Old 04-07-2019, 09:54 AM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Good luck, you will need it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in