Taylormade exhaust MOD!!!! - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Timair

Hey guys
I've got a 2010 cbr1000rr.
So I love the taylormade exhaust and how it looks but it's always been to quiet for me. So today I decided to change that.
I couldn't find anything online so I decided to have a crack myself.

I've got pictures but I don't know how to upload them.

First remove the exhaust from your bike.
Then remove the pop rivets on the big muffler.
Then get a cutting disc and cut on the existing weld of the sheet metal. You'll see it when you look for it.
Then it will come apart.
You'll remove the fibreglass packing and cut off the honey cone.
Then find so 2" pipe and measure it so it's exactly the same width as stock. Mine I cut was 155mm. It will slip over the existing pipe.( they stick out a little bit inside the muffler)
Then find a Tig welder and tac on the pipe and make sure your sheet metal still lines up with your pop rivet holes. This is crucial so it all fits back on the bike. Then complete your welds.. Then test it with some water making sure it doesn't leak.
Then pop the sheet metal back on with pop rivets and weld the sheet metal together where you cut it with a cutting disc.
Now it's loud. Not as loud as a SC PROJECT PIPE BUT close.
And you still have the awesome look of the Taylormade but with the sound it deserves.

Cheers enjoy

Last edited by Timair; 12-03-2019 at 06:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-02-2019, 09:19 PM
TedEbear

Thanks but various people in my subdivision seem to think my TM exhaust is already too loud, at least that's what I gathered from reading some comments in our community Facebook page. When I ride to work, I get home fairly late but I try to be as quiet as a church mouse as I practically idle at 2500-3k rpm through the subdivision streets to get to my house, nearly 1 mile away. I guess in the middle of the night it sounds like a jumbo jet taxing down a runway.

I think if I made my TM any louder there would be some undesired consequences besides a few comments from unhappy neighbors on FB.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
Timair

Hey mate.
Yeah I went for a ride with a mate who had a sc project exhaust and I couldn't even hear mine haha. And it sounded so good.!!! But yeah this mod makes it loud but i think just enough. It's on the limit of being way to loud. I did try the mod without the 2" pipe and just having no packing and honey come mesh. And its louder but not massively just deeper etc. So that could also be an option.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Carbon Fibr

I want to do this but im scared it will be too loud that it will get me kicked off the track for going over the DB level.
I wonder what you'v brought the DB level up to

2014 CBR1000RRA
post #5 of 5 Old 12-04-2019, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Timair

Hey mate
Once you have welded the pipe on you can always cut the pipe off again and use the muffler minus the packing and honey come. But maybe try to do that first take the fibreglass packing out and pop rivet it back on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191201_152615_1575436852475.jpg (2.76 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20191201_172252_1575436866536.jpg (2.88 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20191202_081125_1575436885469.jpg (2.95 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20191202_090715_1575436900529.jpg (2.62 MB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page