Helmet Communication System? - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 9 Old 10-06-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
msk

Helmet Communication System?

I plan on purchasing a helmet communication system for me and my riding buddy. Can those of you who have used these, provide some feedback? Cardo or Sena or another brand? I have done research and most of the threads are for older models.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Smartdave

I have 2 Sena evo 20s. I love them. Work perfect and the batteries last for multiple days of riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3 of 9 Old 10-07-2019, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
msk

Thank You Smartdave. iwill check out Sena evo 20s.

Anyone else has a favorite? other ideas/

thanks
post #4 of 9 Old 10-07-2019, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
msk

Thank You Smartdave. i will check out Sena evo 20s.

Anyone else has a favorite? other ideas/

thanks
post #5 of 9 Old 10-07-2019, 12:27 PM
outsider819

Location: Not The End of the World, but you can see it from here
My wife and I both had Cardo, one shit the bed within one season, the other never really worked right, and Cardo was no help at all. We've used Sena's for several years (I think they're SMH10's? I'm not the one who decided we needed these things...) with no trouble at all. Only thing is if it's really windy out I find it a bit tough to converse, especially when the air is cold and dense, worth pointing out that one of my bikes is a '17 with a stock windscreen (tiny) and the other a 919 with no windscreen, though. Battery life is pretty reasonable as well, wish ours were swappable but I think the newer and different models might have that fixed.

You'll be tempted to mount it right on the side, resist that urge and mount it slightly behind your ear, you'll get less turbulence and noise from it.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-07-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
msk

awesome thanks outsider819. Appreciate the input.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Nisanda

I have use almost all of them and Sena 30k its the best of the bunch , easy connection with other intercoms, if you lose signal (range) they auto connect when in reach again, voice commands are awesome! Can even control.your phone make a call skip a song with you voice, very handy on a bike.

Just make sure you get it grab a laptop and update it with the latest firmware and also download the app on you phone, overall is the best of the bunch.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-10-2019, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
msk

Thank you Nisanda for great input. Appreciate your input in this regard.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-11-2019, 04:25 AM
BryGuy

I had a Sena SMH-5 for 4+ seasons before the microphone stopped working. I replaced the mic and it did not correct the problem. I liked it. The sound quality was not the greatest, but it worked great in my Shoei GT air. The SMH-5 made and took phone calls with decent clarity. The SMH-5 allowed me to listen to morning radio on the way to work. The controls were easy to use. The ability to stream music from my phone was nice.
Taking phone calls was a nice perk at times, and a curse at other times. People rarely knew I was on a bike unless I was going 70 MPH, or if I got on the throttle really hard. I would buy the SMH-10 or the 20 without a second thought.

I now have a Shuberth C-4 with the built in SC-1 advanced Com system. I hate it. You can't hear anything above 45 MPH because the wind noise is so bad. I blame the design of the helmet more than the com system for that fault. The C-4 is the loudest helmet I have ever worn. But the controls on the SC-1 are just terrible and not intuitive. I don't want to have my finger mashed into a button on the back of my head for two or five seconds (while trying to dodge cars on a bike) just to get Siri to do an action. Stupid design. (I know they make a handlebar control. After all the $ I put into buying this, I don't want to move the same two stupid buttons to my handlebar.) The helmet is super comfortable though so I just ride with ear plugs and forget the com system exists.

2010 CBR1000rr bought new in 2011
R6 throttle tube,
z bomb,
Taylormade exhaust,
K&N air filter,
Helibars.
Suspension set up by Dave Moss.

Last edited by BryGuy; 10-11-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page