Calling all Woolich flashed 2017+ folks... - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 24 Old 11-20-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Calling all Woolich flashed 2017+ folks...

If you have a 2017+ base, ABS, SP or SP2 that has been Woolich flashed please check into this thread.

Please note in your reply the model of bike, if you put miles on the stock ECU before the flash or if you bought the bike with the flash so you never rode it with stock ECU.
Also note if you are street only or if you ever took the bike to the track - either before or after the Woolich flash.

I am particularly interested in any differences you may have noted between Torque Management intervention response before the flash and after the flash.

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

SP2 Delivery Thread < - Delivery Thread

RC45's SP2 Trackday Bike Build Thread <- Build Thread

RC45's US vs UK ETV Tables Dyno <- Dyno Page

PAIR Mod HRC Style <- HRC PAIR Page

Myths & Mysteries of the SP2 ECU Thread <- ECU Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 11-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Shinji43
Lifetime Premium

Garage
2017 SP
Put approx 1000mi before flashing
Street use only as of now
Only issue I’ve seen in relation to the torque management, which I was meaning to ask about, is I’ve noticed anytime I trigger the anti-wheelie, I’m unable to change modes until I turn the bike off/on. The intended mode change will just stay flashing instead of actually changing when coming off throttle. I’m able to change modes normally any other time, but just notice it happening once anti-wheelie activates. Only modification to the tables I made was to have T1 act like T0 (to not need to change every start cycle). Once I noticed it happening I restored the original values and it still does it.

2003 CBR 954RR (Track Only)
2007 CBR 1000RR Repsol Edition
2017 CBR 1000RR SP #093
post #3 of 24 Old 11-20-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji43 View Post
2017 SP
Put approx 1000mi before flashing
Street use only as of now
Only issue Iíve seen in relation to the torque management, which I was meaning to ask about, is Iíve noticed anytime I trigger the anti-wheelie, Iím unable to change modes until I turn the bike off/on. The intended mode change will just stay flashing instead of actually changing when coming off throttle. Iím able to change modes normally any other time, but just notice it happening once anti-wheelie activates. Only modification to the tables I made was to have T1 act like T0 (to not need to change every start cycle). Once I noticed it happening I restored the original values and it still does it.
Does the TC light flicker during wheelie intervention and does the bike still intervene on future wheelies before you turn the bike off/on again?

Do you recall if the bike behaved as above when it was stock?

And in the current state, what happens if you set the dash to P1 T9 and you try spin the rear wheel while under way? Does the Torque Management intervene?

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

post #4 of 24 Old 11-20-2019, 07:10 PM
Shinji43
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Does the TC light flicker during wheelie intervention and does the bike still intervene on future wheelies before you turn the bike off/on again?

Do you recall if the bike behaved as above when it was stock?

And in the current state, what happens if you set the dash to P1 T9 and you try spin the rear wheel while under way? Does the Torque Management intervene?
No, I've never noticed the TC light coming on anytime the wheelie intervention kicks in, but it will continue to intervene during the same power cycle. I couldn't say if it acted like that prior to the flash since I didn't really try to get on it enough to trigger it before the flash.

I'll have to try setting the modes that way and see what happens, so more to follow on that.

2017 CBR 1000RR SP #093
post #5 of 24 Old 11-20-2019, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Thanks.
If I manage to secure an unflashed SP ECU I might send it out to various SP Woolich Flashed folks for testing back to back against their Woolich Flashed ECUs.

I tried to buy a new one and it looks like Honda have already discontinued the part number.
I managed to buy a new SP2 ECU that we are using for testing.

post #6 of 24 Old 11-20-2019, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
RC45
Lifetime Premium

OK - we have confirmed that weird mode flashing thing requiring the bike be shutoff, appears to be caused by the Woolich flash. Stock SP2 ECU does not do that.

Maybe @Bevo can be our stock SP validation of whether stock SP can switch modes without shutting off the bike.

post #7 of 24 Old 11-21-2019, 07:56 AM
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
OK - we have confirmed that weird mode flashing thing requiring the bike be shutoff, appears to be caused by the Woolich flash. Stock SP2 ECU does not do that.

Maybe @Bevo can be our stock SP validation of whether stock SP can switch modes without shutting off the bike.
Never had any issue with this bike except for the recalled fuel cap. Switching modes is seamless whether on the fly or stopped.

25th Anniversary Edition CBR1000S1 Hurricane
post #8 of 24 Old 11-21-2019, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Never had any issue with this bike except for the recalled fuel cap. Switching modes is seamless whether on the fly or stopped.
That's pretty much what I thought - I recalled making on the fly mode changes on the stock SP2 ECU, and your confirmation of the same behavior on the stock SP ECU is leading me to suspect most of the TC issues with the SC77 are related to flashed ECUs.

We are having some final testing done later today - I hope my suspicion is not correct

post #9 of 24 Old 11-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Shinji43
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Yea, does seem to be the culprit so far. When doing a bit of research, I did notice in the service manual the note about mode changes cannot be made while torque management is active. So I'm wondering if once its triggered by an event, on some level it is still considered active, thus not allowing mode changes till you power cycle the bike. Let me know if you want me to try any other tests or make any tweaks to any of the maps/tables and I'll write it into my ECU to see how/if it affects anything.

2017 CBR 1000RR SP #093
post #10 of 24 Old 11-21-2019, 02:41 PM
Maximus7
Lifetime Premium

Calling all Woolich flashed 2017+ folks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji43 View Post
Yea, does seem to be the culprit so far. When doing a bit of research, I did notice in the service manual the note about mode changes cannot be made while torque management is active. So I'm wondering if once its triggered by an event, on some level it is still considered active, thus not allowing mode changes till you power cycle the bike. Let me know if you want me to try any other tests or make any tweaks to any of the maps/tables and I'll write it into my ECU to see how/if it affects anything.

Not sure if this is related to your research here but I noticed pre-flash I had to come to complete stop to change user modes if it involved EB change. Post flash itís all on the fly, Iíve a Commuting mode map & a canyon mode map with a change in EB among others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page