Looking for suspension pro - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 01-08-2020, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Jdnovak418
Junior Member
 
Jdnovak418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 9
Looking for suspension pro

Does anyone know we’re I can get my suspension dialed in professionally. Near st.augustine Florida. I don’t mind having to travel a little way to get it done properly? It’s a 2017 cbr1000rr non abs. Thanks
Jdnovak418 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 Old 01-08-2020, 12:07 PM
JoeFedEx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 5
You can do it yourself with this digital suspension tuner from Motool. Itís Not Rocket Science-

Bike setup is key to a fast, fun and safe ride. Motoolís patented Slacker Digital Suspension Tuner makes it super fast and simple for anyone to quickly take measurements and make adjustments on the fly, all with absolutely no assistance required. Measurements are shown in real-time on both the main unit and the included remote LCD display. Check your race sag every ride and adjust your spring preload for different riding conditions and experience just how good your bike can be. Whether you are a top pro or a weekend warrior, see what a perfect bike setup can do for you!

https://motool.co/products/slacker-d...nsion-tuner-v3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slacker-V3-Digital-Suspension-Tuner_2000x.jpg (35.9 KB, 4 views)
JoeFedEx is offline  
post #3 of 29 Old 01-08-2020, 12:38 PM
LDH
Lifetime Premium

 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sunny Carmel California
Posts: 8,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdnovak418 View Post
Does anyone know we’re I can get my suspension dialed in professionally. Near st.augustine Florida. I don’t mind having to travel a little way to get it done properly? It’s a 2017 cbr1000rr non abs. Thanks
Give me a few months

https://kyleracingeast.com/

Looking at houses in St Augustine, Flagler and Palm Coast currently and plan to open the new shop in Destination Daytona
LDH is offline  
post #4 of 29 Old 01-08-2020, 05:18 PM
evangelos K
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: NOLA Metro
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFedEx View Post
You can do it yourself with this digital suspension tuner from Motool. Itís Not Rocket Science-

Bike setup is key to a fast, fun and safe ride. Motoolís patented Slacker Digital Suspension Tuner makes it super fast and simple for anyone to quickly take measurements and make adjustments on the fly, all with absolutely no assistance required. Measurements are shown in real-time on both the main unit and the included remote LCD display. Check your race sag every ride and adjust your spring preload for different riding conditions and experience just how good your bike can be. Whether you are a top pro or a weekend warrior, see what a perfect bike setup can do for you!

https://motool.co/products/slacker-d...nsion-tuner-v3

Got this a couple days ago, havenít not adjusted anything yet since I just got the front choke yesterday and waiting for the rear spanner. Played with it and it should be an easy process.

-2013 Triumph Street Triple R
-2017 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
-2019 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe
evangelos K is offline  
post #5 of 29 Old 01-08-2020, 06:11 PM
LDH
Lifetime Premium

 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sunny Carmel California
Posts: 8,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelos K View Post
Played with it and it should be an easy process.

It really only alleviates the need for 1 person, you still need 2 to do the job correctly and if you don't know what to set the sag numbers too or cannot set them due to incorrect springs rates then it is still a useless tool.

Additionally it does zero for setting proper damping
LDH is offline  
post #6 of 29 Old 01-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Bosarge22
Lifetime Premium
 
Bosarge22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boynton Beach, Fl
Posts: 4,875
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Give me a few months

https://kyleracingeast.com/

Looking at houses in St Augustine, Flagler and Palm Coast currently and plan to open the new shop in Destination Daytona
That house had better have a spare room. I'm not driving back to Boynton after drinking with you 2. lol

Move You Ass!
Bosarge22 is offline  
post #7 of 29 Old 01-08-2020, 06:27 PM
LDH
Lifetime Premium

 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sunny Carmel California
Posts: 8,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosarge22 View Post
That house had better have a spare room. I'm not driving back to Boynton after drinking with you 2. lol

I am positive we can work that out for you good sir.
LDH is offline  
post #8 of 29 Old 01-08-2020, 06:32 PM
evangelos K
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: NOLA Metro
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
It really only alleviates the need for 1 person, you still need 2 to do the job correctly and if you don't know what to set the sag numbers too or cannot set them due to incorrect springs rates then it is still a useless tool.

Additionally it does zero for setting proper damping
You can definitely do it by yourself with this, you need a front choke.
It is a snap to measure, magnetic, dead centered fixed reference points to measure on the bike with the attachments, remote to read on the fly.

Of course it is useless if the springs are not in your range. Thatís a given. As is given what to set the sag to, which the instructions provide. Or the internet, LOL. And of course it does not set damping, thatís trial and error. No tool I know of does.

Itís a matter of great convenience, and if someone has 4 bikes, like me, even greater convenience.

-2013 Triumph Street Triple R
-2017 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
-2019 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe
evangelos K is offline  
post #9 of 29 Old 01-08-2020, 06:48 PM
LDH
Lifetime Premium

 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Sunny Carmel California
Posts: 8,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelos K View Post
You can definitely do it by yourself with this, you need a front choke.

You are working in millimeters... By putting the front in a chock and keep the rear on flat ground you are changing the weight bias of the motorcycle significantly.

.
LDH is offline  
post #10 of 29 Old 01-09-2020, 12:09 AM
evangelos K
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: NOLA Metro
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
You are working in millimeters... By putting the front in a chock and keep the rear on flat ground you are changing the weight bias of the motorcycle significantly.

.
I disagree on the “significantly” part. Negligibly more likely. And especially, effectively 0 for someone who is not a pro racer, and when you have a 5 to 10mm range on initial sag settings. And with the fact you will adjust from there again. My front choke plate the wheel rest on is mm thick, and that’s the amount the front wheel is off the ground. If that’s a concern, rest the rear wheel on a 1/4” plywood.

I’m sure Dave Moss setting suspensions on tracks knows what he is doing.

-2013 Triumph Street Triple R
-2017 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
-2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
-2019 Kawasaki Z900RS Cafe
evangelos K is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome