08 CBR100RR Wont start need advice - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 14 Old 03-17-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Denis Vazquez

08 CBR100RR Wont start need advice

I have a 08 CBR1000rr, with only 225 miles, worked great all summer, start it great like a 2 months ago. Today, I went to the garage and the bike was moved do to construction, I finally found it and i noticed that the movers broke my front fender. Despite all that, I turned the key press start and the bike refuse to start> checked the on/off swith, gear in neutral and side stand off....Again, crank but wont start, it is cranking really good but no noise piping or nothing, just cranking.... I put stabil on the fuel it the falls, but I periodically start it after that.

Besides the fender I don't see any other damage, any idea what to do? I'm really lost and any service require to disassembly the whole thing, something I want to avoid...

Thanks for the help guys, you guys always got something to get me out of the hole..

Denis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-18-2019, 04:37 PM
09_Blade

If it cranks, then it is not a side stand or clutch switch issue because those two will prevent the bike from cranking.

There is a bank angle sensor in between the two headlights that may be the issue. If that is disconnected, the bike will crank but not start. So check that sensor and the wiring under the left side fairing.

When you flip the kill switch on and off, do you hear the fuel pump priming? Since you are not hearing any popping it's most likely an ignition cut off for some reason.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-18-2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Denis Vazquez

Hi Blade

thanks for the reply, I will check that sensor, probably the movers pulled the cable, even though I don't remember seen it when I replaced the headlight fairing but it should be there if you know is there.
I hope is nothing else wrong with it, I just don't have the space to work on the bike, plus i'm moving out. I will try again this Saturday..
Yes, i can hear the fuel pump priming for a second then stooped when filled the system.

Any other suggestions will be welcome. Thanks guys!

post #4 of 14 Old 03-19-2019, 02:03 PM
ToysAlot

Garage
I had the same exact issue on my 2008 cbr1000rr 2 years ago. Hit the starter, engine cranks fine but no start. I had a trickle charge on it for a couple days before I tried it and the light was GREEN on it. No Start - not even a slight kick - just cranking away like it had no fuel or spark.

So I stuck my nose in the exhaust pipe just after cranking and could not smell any gas. So it's a fuel issue - Bummer I thought.

I went to the interweb and started searching.. I found information about the fuel injection voltage requirements. The voltage must be over 10.2 volts while cranking of there will be no injector function - no fuel. I stole a battery from one of my dirt bikes - (they are same!) and it fired right up!.

DO NOT trust the green light on a charger - it says that it's done charging but no indicator to battery condition or voltage level.

It would probably start if you connect a charger while cranking but not a little charger - 1-2 added amps probably not enough.. !0 amp charger would probably do it.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-20-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Denis Vazquez

thanks a lot, I'm charging the battery right now, probably will try tomorrow and see. O also found the shop manual which is going to be very helpful.

Thanks for the help!
post #6 of 14 Old 03-23-2019, 07:41 PM
Sugarsteel

Movers broke your front fender =break moves nose. to me seems like battery power issue. Hope it worked out.
post #7 of 14 Old 03-24-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Denis Vazquez

hi Guys, I just came from the garage.

-Charged the battery fully, very fast crank, but nothing.

-I removed the filter sprayed a bit of starting fluid and nothing, I can smell the starting fluid in the exhaust.

-tilted the bike left and right almost touching the floor to check is it was not bank angle sensor stuck, but still nothing. The angle sensor is way back inside of the headlights, and I don't see how the movers could damage it.

-I sat in the bike move it back and fort, tried to reach the kick stand cables or the bank angle sensor but not avail, I also checked the bank angle sensor fuse and nothing.

-Suddenly the neutral light went out, so I moved the bike back and fort found the neutral and still no light, put in gear again moved it back to neutral and nothing, I could not get the neutral light to come back but it was good in the beginning of the test. The only thing I can say is WTF!

running out of ideas very quick guys, oblivious it is no spark or the starting fluid will do something.

Any more ideas welcome! Thanks for the help!
post #8 of 14 Old 03-25-2019, 04:06 AM
child_of_fire

did the movers possibly drop the bike? is there fuel in the tank? try opening and closing the gas cap.

2017 Fireblade
post #9 of 14 Old 03-25-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Denis Vazquez

the tank is full, maybe too full it weight a ton. I don't see any damage, not even the sliders or the fairings. I imagine that the movers pick it, put it in a pallet and moved to the new location with a forklift.

I could smell the starting fluid in the exhaust. I'm going to remove the sparks plugs and check for compression and spark, because i don't know what else to do, theses bikes are a nightmare to disassemble...

Any more ideas?
post #10 of 14 Old 03-25-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Denis Vazquez

the problem with most of theses threads is that riders find a solution and never let people know, I found several threads incomplete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page