2008 cbr1000rr HESD not working at all - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 8 Old 07-08-2019, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
KK2

2008 cbr1000rr HESD not working at all

First post here so I apologize if its in the wrong place. If so please direct me to the right place or give me any kind of advice. I purchsed a 2008 cbr1000rr used about 2 months back and it has a lot of aftermarket already. I have been riding the bike for almost 3 months now and i have never ridden anything with HESD before so I just thought it was working all the time. I got the chance to ride a friends 2009 cbr1000rr and geeze can you feel the HESD kick in. This led me to start thinking mine is not working. So I tried the HESD test were you lower the kickstand and put it in gear the full throttle and then turn the ignition on without starting the bike and nothing. The test does not work for me but for my friend on his 2009 it worked flawlessly. Well I though maybe its disconnected (simple fix) but i took the Airbus out and sure enough all the wiring looks good and the HESD is plugged in. So my question is does anybody know why my HESD wouldnt be working or have any advice for me? I am fairly handy with tools so i would prefer to not go to a dealer but if I absolutely have to I guess i will. Please any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-09-2019, 08:23 PM
TedEbear

There's a troubleshooting section in the service manual that talks about the HESD. You might find something there.

08-14 Service Manual

Also, welcome aboard.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-10-2019, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
KK2

Thank you teadEbear. I have a hard copy of the manual and have tried it all. I have an appointment at the dealer in a few weeks so hopefully they can plug it in to the computer and figure it out. If not I'll probably pick up a used one on eBay because they are super cheap like 20 bucks and if that still doesnt work in thinking I'll go manual steering damper...

post #4 of 8 Old 07-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Liquid_IQ

If you go the replacement route, I have one from a 2015 with 6 miles (not wrecked). Has the mount and bolts.

53700-MFL-013
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0867.jpg (921.7 KB, 4 views)
post #5 of 8 Old 07-10-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
KK2

I guess it would depend on how much you wanted for it and also if anybody knows or can confirm if this will fit my 2008 cbr
post #6 of 8 Old 07-10-2019, 04:52 PM
jimbo7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK2 View Post
So I tried the HESD test were you lower the kickstand and put it in gear the full throttle and then turn the ignition on without starting the bike and nothing.
After reading another thread about testing and/or "recalibrating", I found I had to turn the ignition and engine stop switch on for it to work. Then the HESD light blinked and I could feel it working then not. Hope this helps

2008 CBR1000RR
post #7 of 8 Old 07-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Liquid_IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK2 View Post
I guess it would depend on how much you wanted for it and also if anybody knows or can confirm if this will fit my 2008 cbr
One meeeeeelion dollarsssssssss

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ho...teering-damper

I have $50 into it so that plus shipping from Colorado.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-11-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
KK2

I think I'll pass. Thanks for the offer but I can pick a used one up for 15 to 20 dollars on eBay and it may not even be the issue...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page