08cbr1000rr hesitation at around 3500rpm till 4000rpm - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 5 Old 07-11-2019, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
djetude

08cbr1000rr hesitation at around 3500rpm till 4000rpm

Hello everyone! Cheers for good weather to ride finally here in South Dakota (when im done riding) ! Have a issue that i hope someone can help with. When reving, the bike revs fine..it idles low once in a while like a spark plug is bad. When i go on interstate and hit roughly 3500rpm it hesitates like its not getting a spark but once it hits a certain point around 4k rpm it hits it comes back to life and goes all the way up fine till i shift. (I never rod the bike bad or do crazy stuff.) Last fall it did this and i researched and thought it was the spark plugs. So i tore it apart and got those changes. Longer process than i expected but fairly easy. So i got on n still no change. A couple weeks later my service light is on. It flashes 2 times. When i drove it, it is just on. I researched more and people say the vacuum hose wasnt put back on. So i am going to go back n make sure vacuum hose is attached but either way i still had the same problem with new spark plugs in. Does anyone have suggestions while i take top apart to check for vacuum hose being attached? Your help would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-11-2019, 09:10 AM
TedEbear

You said it was flashing a fault code. Finding out that code number, not just saying it was flashing, might be a clue to the problem. The fault code diagnostics can be found in Section 6 of your factory service manual.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-08-2019, 07:15 AM
taliesinjamie

Sounds the same as my blade. It gives me the same aggro. Fine when revving when sat on the driveway. When moving and accelerating, it hesitates at 3500, until I get it past that, then it shoots off again. I've found that running on '98+ octane fuel helps, or adding octane boost to my fuel makes alot less problematic. It's been looked at to try and find the route cause of the problem, but my motorcycle dealership never solved it and I've learned to deal with by paying more for premium fuel/octane booster.

I always wondered whether it was my aftermarket exhaust causing the problem (as it's pretty much the only thing I haven't tried) Is yours standard or aftermarket?

post #4 of 5 Old 11-10-2019, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
djetude

UPDATE: some say bad. some say not. I saw a video putting 1 oz of seafoam per quart into the oil. I did this just to clean things out and now there it runs great!! so i will be changing oil asap next season to clean everything out. I was shocked at how good it ran after. Not saying this is a good idea but it really worked for me. Had i known earlier i would have been able to ride all summer instead of finding the problem. but now i have new air filter new spark plugs and all cleaned up and after oil change i should be good togo🏍️🏍️🏍&#x fe0f;🏍️
post #5 of 5 Old 11-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Fireblade61
I'm not dead yet.

Guys, it's just the "dead zone" in the stock Air/fuel map.
get a flash or a power commander or summat.

Leather up, rubber down
08 1000rr, +80,000 miles
Evolve GT #61 Int.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page