Need help wiring my flushmounts - HELP ME PLZ! - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
2nice

Need help wiring my flushmounts - HELP ME PLZ!

Basically I just bought a set of aftermarket flushmounts from my local bike shop to throw on my bike for the rest of the season. It didn't come with any directions or anything, but I thought it would be a real easy install so I bought them and have been trying to get them to work properly for the last hour or 2.

I took of the stock turn signals and see there are 3 wires. I'm guessing green is for ground, 1 for running light and 1 for the blinker. The aftermarket signals only have 2 wires. 1 is red (power) and 1 for red/black (turn signal?)

I've tried many different ways to connect them- I guess it wasnt the greatest idea because I blew a fuse. I tried searching and found a post that said I can throw a diode on the turn signal wire and connect them both to the power. Well I replaced the fuce and tried doing that and I guess I'm still doing something wrong.

When the bike turns on I can get it to light up, but when I try the turn signal the light just goes out.

If anybody has a diagram or can explain (with colors please) which wires I should be connecting or what exactly I'm doing wrong I would GREATLY APPRECIATE it.

I'm obviously not that great with this type of stuff, but I thought I could do this at least. Somebody please help me!!!
THANK YOU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:27 PM
TooExtreme2002
Mike

green is the one on both sides right? if so im pretty sure its the positive one. The thrid one you just cut off unless you really want the running lights and a slow blinking rate. I like mine fast since i have LEDs and it is much more noticable that way. If they are not LED then get the part you are talking about. They can be found at radio shack.
post #3 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:28 PM
TooExtreme2002
Mike

Green is neg actually, someone correct me if im wrong. Did it 2 weeks ago and cant remeber.

post #4 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:39 PM
stealth mode
Lifetime Premium

Green: ground
Stripe wire: Running lights
Extra wire: blinker lights

should be good. Just dont connect the stripe wire! Your after market lights should have one black and another color....

Black: ground
Other color: Blinker Light

Should be right! Hope this helps!

Last edited by stealth mode; 07-08-2006 at 11:41 PM.
post #5 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:45 PM
rave4funn

my led turn signals on my 600RR wouldnt light up at all. I checked and the lights were good. I read somewhere that some led blinkers wouldnt flash at all without resistors. Never got around to doing it though.
post #6 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:45 PM
highside101
L'Poser

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth mode
Green: ground
Stripe wire: Running lights
Extra wire: blinker lights

should be good. Just dont connect the stripe wire! Your after market lights should have one black and another color....

Black: ground
Other color: Blinker Light

Should be right! Hope this helps!
Right on the money.

Do your new lights have 2 wires or 3?
If you only have two you'll be losing your running light.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The statements made by Highside in this forum are for entertainment purposes only. Highside neither agrees with - or disagrees with - the statements made by Highside. Highside is not a motorcycle expert, Highside is a poser. Follow the advice of Highside at your own risk. Taking the advice of Highside does not infer the potential for libel on the part of Highside.
post #7 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
2nice

Cool, Thanks for the replys guys.

Now on the turn signal side, theres one red wire and one red/black stiped wire. Only thing is I tried every combination. Am I supposed to run both wires from the turn signal to 1 wire on the bike - with the diode inbetween? If so does anybody know which wire and which way the diode should be facing?
The more detailed info you can give the less fuses I will blow haha

Thank for all the help again - this forum is awesome!
post #8 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:46 PM
highside101
L'Poser

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave4funn
my led turn signals on my 600RR wouldnt light up at all. I checked and the lights were good. I read somewhere that some led blinkers wouldnt flash at all without resistors. Never got around to doing it though.

If your running leds all the way around your right, you need some resistance.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The statements made by Highside in this forum are for entertainment purposes only. Highside neither agrees with - or disagrees with - the statements made by Highside. Highside is not a motorcycle expert, Highside is a poser. Follow the advice of Highside at your own risk. Taking the advice of Highside does not infer the potential for libel on the part of Highside.
post #9 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:48 PM
highside101
L'Poser

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nice
Cool, Thanks for the replys guys.

Now on the turn signal side, theres one red wire and one red/black stiped wire. Only thing is I tried every combination. Am I supposed to run both wires from the turn signal to 1 wire on the bike - with the diode inbetween? If so does anybody know which wire and which way the diode should be facing?
The more detailed info you can give the less fuses I will blow haha

Thank for all the help again - this forum is awesome!

How many wires total do you have? 2 or 3?

post #10 of 20 Old 07-08-2006, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
2nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by highside101
If your running leds all the way around your right, you need some resistance.
They are LED's. I don't have any resistors on them, I don't mind losing the running lights, as long as they blink - is there any way this is still possible? I just put on an aftermarket intergrated tail, so I guess I don't have any resistors on the bike? I mean I just want them to blink I'm not so concerned about the rate.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page