08-2016 CBR10001000rr comfort seat on sale and my complaining.. - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 4 Old 08-11-2019, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Stretch

08-2016 CBR10001000rr comfort seat on sale and my complaining..

I was looking for a while for the Honda E-comfort seat for my 2012 as the aftermarket has not much available.... I tried the Honda dealer in town and in Ottawa but they can't get them? Apparently if it shows up on Honda USA web site but not Honda Canada they are no help? seems stupid to me - but that is what they both told me? I even gave them the Honda part number and nothing?

So I figured I will just order it from the USA and get it shipped... Seems the price is $359 US. pretty much everywhere. which turns into $522 CAD with exchange rate at $1.33 now. Some places don't ship to Canada.

I have ordered from Motosport before so I went with them.
Here is the part where I got hosed.... Their website shows the seat at $359. when you search Honda accessories...Honda genuine accessories part# 08F82-MFL-100.
I ordered it and it came but in a box with Honda part# 08F70-MFL-A50. This is the new part number for the seat and supersedes the other number. I didn't know that.

I searched for that number before even opening box as I thought they shipped the wrong part! Imagine my disappointment to see it as the updated part and on SALE for 21% off or a savings of over $100 CAD! I checked the other part that I ordered and it doesn't show sale price. Hmmmmm? I sent an email to customer service and am waiting for a response. This may be last time I deal with them?

Any way if anyone is looking for the Honda elastomer gel seat for cbr1000rr they have it on sale at Motosport for $416 CAD. or $286. US. 21% off but search for the part# 08F70-MFL-A50 as there is no picture of a seat and just a picture of Honda part sticker but lists bikes it fits. I still can't get it to come up any other way on their site under accessories or bike specific search? Imagine that a crapy website...

Hope this helps someone...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-11-2019, 06:23 AM
TedEbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Any way if anyone is looking for the Honda elastomer gel seat for cbr1000rr they have it on sale at Motosport for $416 CAD. or $286. US. 21% off but search for the part# 08F70-MFL-A50 as there is no picture of a seat and just a picture of Honda part sticker but lists bikes it fits. I still can't get it to come up any other way on their site under accessories or bike specific search? Imagine that a crapy website...

Hope this helps someone...
Yes, it does. The original seat on my '08 developed a crack in the cover earlier this year, I guess from years of sitting outside in the sun (and sometimes rain) while at work. The rest of the bike looks great but I can see that the crack is expanding. I was thinking about getting a replacement seat and this thread inspired me to do that.

After a bit of Google searching to verify that the sale price on Motosport was lower than anywhere else, I ordered one just now. Thanks for the tip.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-13-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Stretch

happy again.....

I didn't get a response from Motosport to my email sent so I called them.
While on hold the recording says they price match.
Customer service guy says "No problem" and "a refund is on the way"
Price matching themselves is a no brainer!
Still save your self the hassle and order 08F70-MFL-A50

As a side note the seat I received has the 08F70-MFL-A50 on Honda part sticker but on the paper instruction sheet in box is the old part#
Why they changed part# is beyond me....?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 5.02.51 AM.jpg (171.9 KB, 3 views)

post #4 of 4 Old 08-13-2019, 12:34 PM
Liquid_IQ

Tried to go to Motosport.com to check it out (from the US), getting the following message:

WE'RE SORRY
Due to GDPR regulations, MotoSport.com is no longer available in the European Union.
For questions regarding existing orders, product support, and warranty returns, please contact [email protected].

We're sorry, we cannot place new orders for EU customers. We're working hard to become available to you again in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page