Dunlop Q4? - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 14 Old 06-16-2019, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
wildwhiskeywolf

Garage
Dunlop Q4?

Who has tried them out? And what do you think of them compared to the Pirelli Supercorsa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"The greatest things in life are on the other side of fear" --Will Smith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-16-2019, 12:52 PM
Liquid_IQ

post #3 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 05:25 AM
A Squids Life

Garage
I just bought a set 120/70 and 190/55 for my 2017 blade. Its winter here in Aus so a bit wet but ill check back in with my thoughts when i can push them.

post #4 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 09:24 AM
saiyan66
Stand and fight!

I have a friend who swears by these at the track. I have not tried them yet because I need a tire with more longevity but looking forward to it in the future.

2004 CBR1000RR (Yelena)- modded track/street bike, 398lb RTR!
2002 RC51 (Christina)- rode hard and put away wet, sold
2006 CBR600RR (Nikki) - how the addiction started, sold
post #5 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 11:39 AM
jlong776

I've heard good things but not tried them. Generally I prefer the fell of tires w a softer carcass and dunlops are usually the stiffest of all. I hear they changed that w the Q4 though and built it a little softer.
post #6 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 01:50 PM
Maximus7
Lifetime Premium

Dunlop Q4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong776 View Post
I've heard good things but not tried them. Generally I prefer the fell of tires w a softer carcass and dunlops are usually the stiffest of all. I hear they changed that w the Q4 though and built it a little softer.
If Dunlop has the stiffest carcass of all, they still manage to do an excellent job of absorbing a great amount of road vibration and reduce its transmission to rider while still providing great feedback; Much better than Bridgestone RS10. Very harsh ride IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 08:03 PM
jlong776

I didn't mean it in a bad way. They're great tires. I've ridden a lot on the Q3 and GP-A. Stick like crazy, great feel for traction. I just don't care for the way they do what they do. If i had to describe it it's like riding on a tire with a contact patch the size of a dime (even though it isn't) and they stick like hell anyway. A pirelli deforms more, bigger patch, maybe a little less feel but I don't need a tire that transmits every pebble to my brain, I have limited capacity in that regard as is

My take on bridgestone based on the new R11 and the S21 street tire was that they are a very nice tire, somewhere in between the Dunlop and Pirelli in terms of stiffness. I'd run them exclusively but they are hard to get and rather expensive in my area.

Just my two pennies man. Maybe I'll get some Dunlops again! Around here it's either them or Pirelli for track tires. Michelin too, but meh and the rep is not as friendly as the other two.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-19-2019, 06:29 AM
A Squids Life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong776 View Post
My take on bridgestone based on the new R11 and the S21 street tire was that they are a very nice tire, somewhere in between the Dunlop and Pirelli in terms of stiffness. I'd run them exclusively but they are hard to get and rather expensive in my area.
The S21 is the worst tyre I have ever used, rode it on my new blade for 2000 km and was like this thing is going to kill me.
post #9 of 14 Old 06-19-2019, 06:12 PM
bored&stroked
Can't Spell

oem S21 and a universal S21 are different tires. Not drastically different, but different.

'06 F4i: racetech front springs+valves, ohlins rear shock, steel brake lines, 'mura slipon, 87K miles
'08 600RR- steel brake lines, shorty brake lever. Stripped track bike.
'15 1000RR- Flapper mod, 08-11 gauge swap, hotbodies fender eliminator
post #10 of 14 Old 06-19-2019, 06:28 PM
A Squids Life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
oem S21 and a universal S21 are different tires. Not drastically different, but different.
I am aware they are different but they have permanently ensured i will never buy any of their tyres.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page