Shoulder Injuries - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 54 Old 07-23-2009, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
eegeland
eegeland

Shoulder Injuries

Some of you know I got a stage 4 shoulder separation on freaking pocket bike (no jokes). Ripped all the ligaments that hold my shoulder to my collar bone.

Anyway... Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC, Dr. Sabrina Strickland, and AC graft rope surgery is the way to go!!

6 weeks later I can sit on the bike with no pain at all and the only reason I cant ride yet is becouse I have to build some muscle back since my arm was stationary for 6 weeks.

Check out the procedure on this site. Click the "AC Joint repair (ac graft rope)" video. http://www.orthoillustrated.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 PM
h82loze
Lifetime Premium

Glad you're doing better. That must've hurt. I had a minor shoulder separation, grade 1, from snowboarding and that hurt like a bitch. And I only got ibuprofen and a sling

Hope you get to ride soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus rx View Post
One of the biggest problems on any forum comes from the same question being asked multiple times. Below is a link to a great video that will help you from getting flamed on the board:
Hi newbie, you want to post on a forum? this is what you need to know!
FAQ for 2008+ Honda CBR1000RR
post #3 of 54 Old 07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
loonytoons
Honey Badger Don't Care

Had a 3 in my spill and the worst part was the X-ray when the nurse made me hold a weight while she took the pic. I could see my collar bone sticking up and it hurt like hell.
Glad surgery went ok for you. Stick with your rehabilitation exercises and you will be fine. You may not get full range of motion but do the best you can.

CMRA 847
post #4 of 54 Old 07-24-2009, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
eegeland
eegeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by h82loze View Post
Glad you're doing better. That must've hurt. I had a minor shoulder separation, grade 1, from snowboarding and that hurt like a bitch. And I only got ibuprofen and a sling

Hope you get to ride soon.
I got Vicoden and Oxycodone! Nah, nah, nah, nah nah!

My pain wasnt too bad through the whole thing believe it or not. I have a sick tolerance though. I was taking the pain killers just to get comfy in the chair I slept in for 6 weeks!

Thanks for the well wishes!
post #5 of 54 Old 07-24-2009, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
eegeland
eegeland

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoons View Post
Had a 3 in my spill and the worst part was the X-ray when the nurse made me hold a weight while she took the pic. I could see my collar bone sticking up and it hurt like hell.
Glad surgery went ok for you. Stick with your rehabilitation exercises and you will be fine. You may not get full range of motion but do the best you can.
ILL get full range back or die tryin

I had 2 weeks between the accident and surgery. My daughter used to get a kick out of pushing my collar bone down and watching it spring back up.

The 2nd doctor decided to operate when she had me do an x-ray with my arm crossed over my chest and up like a salute. The collar bone and the little piece of bone on the top of the shoulder (that used to be connected with a ligament) were rubbing. I would have never been able to 100% race without the surgery.
post #6 of 54 Old 07-24-2009, 09:22 AM
xhotmicx
HOTMIC

a pocketbike! what happened?
post #7 of 54 Old 07-24-2009, 09:34 AM
mihai1000rr323

2 people i know just separated their shoulders... must be something in the water!!

i smell conspiracy!
post #8 of 54 Old 07-24-2009, 10:13 AM
TodboRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhotmicx View Post
a pocketbike! what happened?
must of had some serious speed, i mean it's not like it's a long ways to fall

JK, glad your better
post #9 of 54 Old 07-24-2009, 10:18 AM
philip1000rr
Kamikaze

Glad you're going to get better. I like to think of my collar bones as being something that doesn't move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by douchebag View Post
you'll never out whore phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMattyD View Post
i hope you all die in fires.
post #10 of 54 Old 07-24-2009, 10:46 AM
redheadrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai1000rr323 View Post
2 people i know just separated their shoulders... must be something in the water!!

i smell conspiracy!
man this is strange just some history my first dislocation was racing mx on a KX250, what a beast! then while doing a show(stunt show) i looped a 12'o clock wheelie and broke my collar bone. 2 weeks ago we went to Myrtle Beach and i was putting on a shirt and my shoulder poped out. and it keeps popping out. went to the doc last week and he popped it out in the exam room. going to get a MRI this coming monday. the doc didn't refer it as any stage. he did say that surgery might be in order to repair, so what did you mean about the rope surgery? the doc said something about repairing the tendons like stappling them to some bone. my arm feels like it is real lose in the shoulder socket. does this sound anything like yours? i watched the video but i am a bit confused since it only show working with the bones, no skeleton muscle or tissue shown. BTW eegeland good to hear that you are happy with the surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page