camshaft degree settings - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 3 Old 09-08-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
run4cover
turbo everything!...

camshaft degree settings

For those who's built their own engine, or at least know details: Let's talk about cam degree numbers... I more interested in the 2004-2007 cbr1000rr bikes, but 08+ are welcome to chime in. So who has stock or aftermarket cams that have been degreed? What numbers are you running and how are they working for you? A dyno printout would be awesome! Anyone doing landspeed or drag racing? Most of the info I've found has been for road racing. The 06-07 cbr1k has stock degree numbers of 104/104...I've read that 104/106 or 105/105 settings works well. Anyone using those or anything different? I'm interested in seeing how the different setting affects the power curve, mainly top end power. I have my head shaved .030", I ported it, stock 0.7mm headgasket, with stock pistons... I set my cams at 105/108... I feel like the power "tabletops" a little too early, I would like to see it keep climbing towards the limiter...im willing to sacrifice some midrange for more top end power....thoughts/experienced opinions greatly appreciated. I've heard this combo is supposed to be good for low to mid 170whp... Not sure what's off on my setup, or if that 170 is on a happy dyno with mr12 fuel or what. Fyi...my bike has a full yosh exhaust, k&n race filters, ECU flashed, and I mapped the bazzaz...running E85 fuel...flapper mod done as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hurricane cam degree.jpg (110.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg shortbike ported head dyno.jpg (87.7 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Paraquat

I don't know much about the CBRs but I like your curve. Nice and constant and no hiccups.
The dyno graphs I've seen on this site usually have a hump where the secondaries kick in.

I've always degreed for centerline but like I said, I haven't been into the CBR engine yet.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-10-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
run4cover
turbo everything!...

thanks...that's interesting, because I've never noticed the spot where the secondaries come in on the dyno graphs...now i'm going to go back and look...LOL...I would like to get this thing to a solid 165hp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page