Frame sliders Blade 08 - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 10 Old 08-18-2018, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Demmel

Frame sliders Blade 08

Hi guys!
There is a desire to remove the protective arc and put on your CBR1000RR 08 sliders in the frame. Since the plastic has already been cut - I'm looking for sliders just like that. Tell me which model to look at with a slider so that it looks good too?

[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-02-2018, 02:03 PM
Macman756

PM sent, stay away from off-set ones

2009 Repsol
2006 Yellow/Blue
post #3 of 10 Old 12-02-2018, 02:27 PM
Fireblade61
I'm not dead yet.

Be careful of putting on ones that are long. They increase the likelihood of snagging on somehting during a slide, and flipping the bike.

Leather up, rubber down
08 1000rr, +80,000 miles
Evolve GT #61 Int.

post #4 of 10 Old 12-06-2018, 02:01 AM
Macman756

Woodcraft has my vote

2009 Repsol
2006 Yellow/Blue
post #5 of 10 Old 12-06-2018, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Demmel

Thanks for the advice!!
And who set himself Evotech? Cut version
Appearance is also very important to me.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/EVOTECH-SLID...item23a4d7046c

2008 CBR1000RR
post #6 of 10 Old 02-24-2019, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Demmel

Going to install Shogun frame sliders.
Tell me, with what effort you need to tighten the bolt? Need a sealant? The instructions to them are not mentioned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52595407_2297723690439683_5234532194189312000_n.jpg (819.5 KB, 3 views)

2008 CBR1000RR

Last edited by Demmel; 02-25-2019 at 09:04 AM.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-12-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Demmel

If anyone needs a torque for Shogun Motorsports frame sliders and the like:
Nm (kgfm , Ibfft)
64 (6.5, 47)

Do I need a sealant on the bolt? This question remains open.

2008 CBR1000RR
post #8 of 10 Old 07-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Hardcore

Today's search results for frame sliders / crash protection

As of July 2019 here are some web resources for '08 and newer CBR 1000 crash protection. These are today's search results from both Google and Duck. I mean, I'm looking for frame sliders at this point, so why not take a little time and relay what I've found so far. There are pros and cons for each choice, naturally, and I'm not taking the time to "tic each box" for these products. I don't own it yet, haven't even made up my mind really, and since you're interested it's better you do that anyway. Suffice to say... design/appearance, tests and reviews, price, quality, ready availability of instructions and specs, ease of site navigation, difficulty of product installation... all factor in.

RD-Moto
https://www.rdmoto.eu/en/production

GB Racing
https://ukracesupport.com/products/h...e-sliders-race

Bike Design - Harwood
https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Hon...rotectors.html

RG Racing
https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike...8/#prettyPhoto

LSL on STG website (1000RR.net will not allow endorsement of this retailer so you'll have to figure it out!)
https://www.STG.com/lsl-honda-cbr100...-kit/#pv__tabs

MotoStarz
https://motostarz.com/products/r-g-r...onda-cbr1000rr

--------

Personally I am always LESS encouraged to buy when a link to the installation PDF is not made readily available. I want to know what I'm getting into. Also the price on at least one of these frame sliders is ASTRONOMICAL. No way Jose'. As a veteran of a some stupid tip-overs and unfortunate low-med speed crashes in my history ridng full-fairing sportbikes, I can say this:

Frame sliders and engine covers (meaning both together) are an extremely worthwhile investment that will save you a lot of sorrow if you dump your bike. Engine covers will likely save the entire machine. Without them, the smallest accident can result in a total loss, or if not a massive repair scenario with all manner of accompanying $$$$.

Frame sliders alone are a worthwhile investment to protect your fairings but will not save you from a hole in your crankcase. While scarred plastic is not as debilitating as a busted engine cover, the ugliness does take the wind of enthusiasm (some) out of your sails as you regard your bike.

Something tells me the frame sliders that install lower on the fairing may offer a little more protection. If I go w/sliders I'm also gonna do axle protection as well. My axles or forks were never damaged in any minor accident, but intuition tells me if you space the axles a little off the ground when the bike is sideways, when combined with fairing protection it may also help save stuff like clip-ons, levers, mirrors, etc.

In closing I have to add, I am a GOD and a KING of "Nah, ain't gonna happen to me, I'm careful..." and just recently I had the STUPIDEST tip over making a turn from a standing stop. I think I was in 2nd instead of first, it's the only explanation. I don't mind appearing a village idiot, I'm just saying, with new plastic on order (no, not factory, I don't like being sexually assaulted from the rear) I am going to take the time and install frame sliders now.

I meant to label the pics but I forgot. If you try "Save As..." with the image you should see the title of the .jpg, which identifies the part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RD-Moto_01.jpg (265.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg RD-Moto_02.jpg (282.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg BikeDesign_Harwood.jpg (191.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg LSL.jpg (141.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg TST_ind.jpg (64.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg GB-Racing01.jpg (65.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg GB-Racing02.jpg (171.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg RG-Racing01.jpg (67.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg RG-Racing02.jpg (109.6 KB, 2 views)

2009 CBR Repsol, 2nd owner-
Yoshi R-77 full SS shawty/Pirelli Angels/Hotbodies tail/GP shift mod/Throttlemeister/ProGrip 714/Spiegler Rennsport kit orange/Brembo RCS19/Braking rotors and pads/DID 530 ZVM-X chain/GB Racing engine covers/Honda eCushion seat/Cox radiator guard/Radiator spaced for fan clearance/Engine Ice coolant/Dynojet PC-V/Dynojet IRC/K&N AF/Flapper mod/Custom tank pad/FIAMM Freeway blaster horns/Full syn 4T oil/SportRider suggested suspension settings (preload left stock)
post #9 of 10 Old 07-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Badboy01

Garage
Excellent knowledge, and nice current updates Hardcore. I am currently updating to new fairings, so looking at some frame sliders and engine covers. Let us know what you end up purchasing.

2008 Limited Edition Black
post #10 of 10 Old 07-11-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Demmel

I recently searched and made a choice in favor of Shogun frame sliders
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 (2).jpg (1.69 MB, 1 views)

2008 CBR1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page