17+ replacement pads for Tokico calipers - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 12 Old 05-18-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Big Will

17+ replacement pads for Tokico calipers

Anyone having trouble finding replacement pads for these???
Seems so simple: looking for replacement brake pads for a 2017 CBR1000 RR with Tokico calipers and NO ONE in Southern California has them
Went to three shops today and all the pads they had listed as fitting this bike were wrong - they fit the 08-16
Didn't matter the brand, they were all incorrect. I took the OEM pad in for comparison.

It's not funny, but it's funny

17 CBR1Krr "Madame"
15 600rr "Side chick"
10 CBR1Krr "Mistress" race bike
08 Limited 1KRR (Gone wrecked by Dealer)
08 Red 1KRR (Red IS faster!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-18-2019, 09:54 PM
Liquid_IQ

Partzilla shows them as 06455-MKF-D41

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/ho...rake-caliper-1

Ronayers.com has them for the same price also.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-18-2019, 11:52 PM
saiyan66
Stand and fight!

To be honest I don't think any of the higher end replacement pad manufacturers realized that Honda changed the calipers in 2017 to a different style without retaining pins. Not to mention that the sales of the bike have been bad, there probably hasn't been that much market demand for them.

2004 CBR1000RR (Yelena)- modded track/street bike, 398lb RTR!
2002 RC51 (Christina)- rode hard and put away wet, sold
2006 CBR600RR (Nikki) - how the addiction started, sold

post #4 of 12 Old 05-19-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Big Will

Hard to believe that I'm the only person who is having issues finding pads.
I had to order the OEM ones.

17 CBR1Krr "Madame"
15 600rr "Side chick"
post #5 of 12 Old 05-19-2019, 08:50 AM
icedmind

got brembo in mine after some brake fade in late 2017, ebc and sbs do them also now, going for ebc HH next

2017 CBR1000RR SC77
post #6 of 12 Old 05-20-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Big Will

I guess it's my fault for thinking I could just walk into a store and buy brake pads.....

17 CBR1Krr "Madame"
15 600rr "Side chick"
post #7 of 12 Old 05-20-2019, 07:35 PM
outsider819

Location: Not The End of the World, but you can see it from here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Will View Post
I guess it's my fault for thinking I could just walk into a store and buy brake pads.....

No, (and I work in a parts dept), you really kind of should expect to. Trouble is, most parts departments are stocked for demand, and usually by computer, and most managers are under pressure to not keep too much cash tied up in stock. So, for a fairly new and rare model that I imagine most average dealer shoppers (average rider, probably not a lot of track days or hard braking zones in their daily lives) haven't worn the pads out on, most dealers aren't going to have them on their stock list yet, hence won't have any. Another issue is people who DO use up pads tend to source them from other places.

The big problem for dealers, is if they don't try to keep an eye out for this sort of thing and bring some common service parts in for situations such as this, more people do go elsewhere and the downward spiral continues, example, your lost sale likely never registered with the system and the system won't register any demand, so they won't be there for the next guy either, unless a sharp manager catches it.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-21-2019, 12:44 PM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider819 View Post
No, (and I work in a parts dept), you really kind of should expect to. Trouble is, most parts departments are stocked for demand, and usually by computer, and most managers are under pressure to not keep too much cash tied up in stock. So, for a fairly new and rare model that I imagine most average dealer shoppers (average rider, probably not a lot of track days or hard braking zones in their daily lives) haven't worn the pads out on, most dealers aren't going to have them on their stock list yet, hence won't have any. Another issue is people who DO use up pads tend to source them from other places.

The big problem for dealers, is if they don't try to keep an eye out for this sort of thing and bring some common service parts in for situations such as this, more people do go elsewhere and the downward spiral continues, example, your lost sale likely never registered with the system and the system won't register any demand, so they won't be there for the next guy either, unless a sharp manager catches it.
Actually - if you are talking about a Honda dealer that has sold ANY 2017+ CBR1000RRs then they are morons for not stocking at least 1 set of consumables for that model. 1 set of pads, 1 air filter 1 oil filter etc.

The lost sale and customer is on the parts managers head for not keeping track of unit sales.

After the sale I presume they would keep in contact with the buyer and remind them to come back if they need pads, filters or tires.

If this is not how most motorcycle dealers operate then no wonder the US bike sales scene is int he crapper.

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

SP2 Delivery Thread < - Delivery Thread

RC45's SP2 Trackday Bike Build Thread <- Build Thread

RC45's US vs UK ETV Tables Dyno <- Dyno Page

PAIR Mod HRC Style <- HRC PAIR Page

Myths & Mysteries of the SP2 ECU Thread <- ECU Thread
post #9 of 12 Old 05-21-2019, 08:24 PM
outsider819

Location: Not The End of the World, but you can see it from here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Actually - if you are talking about a Honda dealer that has sold ANY 2017+ CBR1000RRs then they are morons for not stocking at least 1 set of consumables for that model. 1 set of pads, 1 air filter 1 oil filter etc.

The lost sale and customer is on the parts managers head for not keeping track of unit sales.

After the sale I presume they would keep in contact with the buyer and remind them to come back if they need pads, filters or tires.

If this is not how most motorcycle dealers operate then no wonder the US bike sales scene is int he crapper.

Not sure you're reading me right? That is exactly how it should work. But it doesn't (for many reasons, none of them very good). Like I said to the OP, he absolutely should have expected to find those pads, and it's disappointing that he didn't, and it's even more disappointing that the next guy won't find them, either.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-21-2019, 09:18 PM
RC45
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider819 View Post
Not sure you're reading me right? That is exactly how it should work. But it doesn't (for many reasons, none of them very good). Like I said to the OP, he absolutely should have expected to find those pads, and it's disappointing that he didn't, and it's even more disappointing that the next guy won't find them, either.
Ok, my bad - I didnt get the double negative or read a double negative into the story LOL

I am glad it is supposed to work the way I thought it should

The Good RS250R NF5 The Bad TZ250 2KM The Ugly LS7 C5Z07 Gone but not forgotten RC45 Delivered US SP2 #65

SP2 Delivery Thread < - Delivery Thread

RC45's SP2 Trackday Bike Build Thread <- Build Thread

RC45's US vs UK ETV Tables Dyno <- Dyno Page

PAIR Mod HRC Style <- HRC PAIR Page

Myths & Mysteries of the SP2 ECU Thread <- ECU Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page