'12-'16 Aftermarket Fairings - Auctmarts - Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net

post #1 of 4 Old 06-16-2019, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
unenthuzed

'12-'16 Aftermarket Fairings - Auctmarts

I've perused through several threads regarding the quality of Auctmarts fairings, with most of them providing reviews for older generation fairings. Anyone have comments on the quality of the fairings in the last few years?

2012 Honda CBR1000rr [15K mi]
2001 BMW F650gs Dakar [39k mi]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-16-2019, 01:04 PM
Liquid_IQ

post #3 of 4 Old 06-17-2019, 08:51 AM
mjshooter

I'm in the middle of putting a new set on my '06, so I don't know how the fit will compare to the 12-16, but the fit on mine seems to be around 90%. Things don't line up perfectly, but with a little bit of pushing and prodding things get where they need to be. As for paint quality, the paint is gorgeously glossy and looks great. From a distance. Up close there are small imperfections, small particles in the paint, fibers caught between coats. The back edge of my tail fairing got missed with the color coat so its more of light grey than black. Overall, the paint quality is an improvement from the 10+ year old fairings on my bike, but if you're a perfectionist, probably not the choice for you. After all, it is less than 500$ for a full set of plastics.

And their bolt kit is very sub-par. There are a lot of bolts I don't need, and none of the bolts I do need. Plus, the rubber grommets are more plastic than rubber and don't fit tightly enough to hold so I had to go buy a different set. But eh, what do you expect for a "free gift".

post #4 of 4 Old 06-17-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
unenthuzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_IQ View Post
Thanks IQ, not sure why that thread didn't pop up at the top of my search. Looks like Auctmarts is decent enough quality. I was looking at either a blue paint scheme or a dark grey. I'm leaning towards the grey since its more muted, and not as glossy/flashy as the blue.

https://shop.auctmarts.com/fairings/...2016/1v38.html

https://shop.auctmarts.com/fairings/...2016/1v12.html

2012 Honda CBR1000rr [15K mi]
2001 BMW F650gs Dakar [39k mi]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR1000 Forum : 1000RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page